Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fun project needs some crits/help

Trying something I usually don't do and that is modeling. I am posting a wireframe and shaded wireframe to help with my questions. This model will be animated and I was wondering if the normal rigs will work when there are no hand or mainly feet. And any potential trouble with the model ..I noticed that the arms could use another ring or two of splines....There will be no mouth only implied by the bouncing of the nose. And I have to add a tail. The skirt will be cloth.

[attachmentid=18162] <_>

[attachmentid=18163] :blink:

Thanks

Johnl3d

showwire0.jpg

showshadewire0.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John!

Hey Mikey! John's modleing!

John, I really like her! I dunno 'bout riggin her... But If I recall in TAO A:M you could eliminate the feets and the hands, like you would with Thom... but I'm not 100% certain of that...

Way to go! push yourself, you can do it! and You've got a good start on her!

Good start! As far as I can tell the hands and feet can be removed with no issues. The only place i see that will give you problems will be in the waist and stomach area. These places will tend to shear when rotated if you don't have enough splines. Still, if your careful animating it won't be that big of a deal (Smartskin!!!). Good luck.

Well hell has actually frozen over! :D

Things look a little uneven for a robot....such as the body. Maybe that could use another spline ring. Also, did you use cfa?

Finally, I'm not sure with the new cloth, but the skirt might need more splines.

Keep it up!

This model will be animated and I was wondering if the normal rigs will work when there are no hand or mainly feet.
There shouldn't be a problem with this. I suggest you keep the hand and feet bone structure and even treat the ends of the limbs as hands/feet, as this will allow a little extra subtlety in gestures. Without it your character will walk around as if on peg-legs. Unless of course that's what you're after...

thanks for the suggestions so far I will be adding some more splines to the arms and legs ( which Jeff are connected by 5-pointerss..hard to see) I'll add maybe another spline to the stomach and probably more splines to the cloth portion. Then the dreaded rigging begins. No mischief though...very serious attempt

Johnl3d

okay after adding some splines I decided to sewe how it might look with some color etc.. this is only a quick trial

Still open to suggestions on model or rigging

[attachmentid=18224]

:blink:

Now to rig so nothing to post for awhile

test1.mov