sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

rendering without the background

Miguel Méndez

Hi,

I,ve just produced my first animation, and it looks great.

However, i would like to render to an AVI or TGA sequence to be able to mix in a video stream input.

I found that the rendering procces render the animation with the Choreography background, i I don't know how to get rid off the background

Another question is that if I want to render to an AVI file with the Alpha (Key) channels enabled, i would need two AVI files: one with the animation itself, and another whit the "alpha" animation. Is there any way to do that with A.M?

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to first move to a format that will allow alph channels. I know tga will, but unsure about avi.

Try outputting to .mov(quick time) for movie, or .tga for stills

Any model you have in the cho window will normally be rendered, so make sure it only contains the bit you want to display(you can turn everything "off")

Then when you go to the "render to file " settings tab, at the bottom under buffers make sure that alpha is turned on

Render the file

Chris

Any model you have in the cho window will normally be rendered, so make sure it only contains the bit you want to display(you can turn everything "off")

So if you don't want the brownish "ground" surface, delete it from the choreography.

How do you render so that the ground doesn't appear in the rendered file, but a shadow falling upon it does?

• Hash Fellow

I found that the rendering procces render the animation with the Choreography background, i I don't know how to get rid off the background

tut on combining CG with live backgrounds

http://www.hash.com/users/ed/tutorials/fpm/fpm.htm

Another question is that if I want to render to an AVI file with the Alpha (Key) channels enabled, i would need two AVI files: one with the animation itself, and another whit the "alpha" animation. Is there any way to do that with A.M?

a 32 bit targa is your best option to include the alpha in one file. Quicktime "Animation" codec also accomodates alpha channels. Targas are easier to deal with but Quicktime can include audio.

So if you don't want the brownish "ground" surface, delete it from the choreography.

This is the tip that really works, thanks. What I have to do is to delete the object called "ground", and now the TGA files are correct with its Alpha channel. Now I'm going to investigate the video issue...

• Admin
This is the tip that really works, thanks. What I have to do is to delete the object called "ground", and now the TGA files are correct with its Alpha channel.

Miguel,

While the ground plane is usually an early candidate for deletion you may also opt to turn the object to Active = OFF. For objects you may want to use later this if often a better choice than deleting.

You can then animate the Active attribute over time to pop things in and out of existance.

Miguel,

While the ground plane is usually an early candidate for deletion you may also opt to turn the object to Active = OFF. For objects you may want to use later this if often a better choice than deleting.

You can then animate the Active attribute over time to pop things in and out of existance.

Rodney,

I can't find the Active property (or attribute) for the grounf object, so I can't turn it OFF. I have reviewed all the properties of the Ground object but i didn't find it.

Please, can you explain how to turn the object to Active=OFF?

Thanks,