Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Not in sync?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rendered it in the default Animation mode (the file size jumped from 4.61MB to 19.6MB, the results are exactly the same :(

I'll render it to AVI & see if that makes a difference.

• Admin

Keep in mind realtime display and rendered product won't always be the same.

You might double check your timeline.

Generally you want the image to preceed the sound by 2 frames.

You might peak those hits where the sound is preceeded by the image to ensure there is no overshoot.

I don't know if this is your particular problem.

We need to call out the sound experts!

what's the problem??? i couldn't download the file cuz my connection speed doesn't support this big size

Well, the set up is very basic, I have Shaggy playing a drum. The drum sound is a simple MIDI file that I converted to WAV and imported in A:M. I animated Shaggy to play the drum in sync with the sound. I rendered it to a .mov, but everytime I play it Shaggy's hands begin to lag behind the sound (i.e. it gets progressively out of sync with the sound).

That basically is the problem. I've made some work before with a far more complicated sound (a song) with no problems in v11.0

Now I'm rendering it in an AVI format to see if there's a difference. If there isn't I'll go back and follow Rodney's advice & preceed the sound by 2 frames.

• Hash Fellow

That's very odd since it starts out in synch then drifts farther and farther out of synch. It's as if the audio track got sped up or the video slowed down.

-is there any difference between your project frame rate and the frame rate set in the QT compression settings?

-does the pitch in the rendered QT sound any different (higher or lower) than when it's played inthe chor?

-was the original audio at any weird sample rate?

AVI render didn't make a difference.

I deleted the sound file and reimported it but this time I had it start 2 frames behind the animation. We'll see how it goes.

Robert; you might be on to something here, I never took the frame rate into consideration. I'll try that after this last render is finished.

Tried it at 24fps and at 15fps, no change.

Robert, do you have a MIDI program that you create music with? If so, at what rate do you put it?

I don't see how that should affect anything since I'm animating to the sound, but I'm no programmer so there may be something to it.

I'm going to try to re-import the sound again and this time make it lag 4 frames behind the action and see what happens..

• Hash Fellow

If so, at what rate do you put it?

When I've put WAVs into A:M I've tried to make them a "standard" rate like 44100Khz or 22050. It shouldn't make a difference, but I'm just brain storming here...

I'm going to try to re-import the sound again and this time make it lag 4 frames behind the action and see what happens..
I dont' think lagging will help overall since the sound is getting more out of synch as time passes.

ok dhar....i got it now....

well, for me....i don't add any sound inside A:M, that happened to me once. instead...i use AE (AFTER EFFECTS) for any addins...

sure it's not a solution, it must be done in A:M, but i realy donno why the sound race the movie...i didn't rty to dig into the problem in depth, as i was in a hurry and wanted a fast solution...

so, i use A:M for 3d and let AE does the rest for me....

if someone know any solution it mightbe helpful....

i feel sad i can't help u dhar....grrrrrrr....

I think the reason you sound might be going out of sync with your animation is the origional MIDI file.

I got a couple of Midi drums and Key boards with Midi Drums.

In my early days on Windows I tried hooking up my MIDI drums to my PC to get it to work with Cakewalk and QBase. I always had a problem with sync in the 2 together. I also had problems playing gutire to MIDI Drums. Humans dont play music like machines. So I guess some clever guy or gal has made it possable for a drum beat to slide in and out of sync and make it sound natural.A human drummer reliase on both Audio and visual clues for keeping the temp a drum machine depends on the programmer.

sounds made by MIDI I belive rellay on a clock to generate the beat (Tempo) and the beat you were using might not have been quntized so as to let it sound natural. quantizing might make it sound to mechanical.

When somthing dont work in Am I try an old but simuler projet made in the passed. some versions Of AM can do things other cant and it worth you while taking note.

sometimes Reinstalling AM is the only Answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Will,

Good seeing you at the Bash. Here's the file info you requested of the sound file:

Bit Rate 1411kbps

Audio sample size 16bit

Channels 2(stereo)

Audio sample rate 44kHz

Audio format PCM