Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Herbie the Cowboy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry no racing, Just shooting. Herbie the frog grew up in a wild west town where he was picked on by the villagers as a little frog. Now he is back and ready for revenge!

If you want a racing game with a frog see my ot thread about a cool racing game. It is pretty much what I was going to make but has other characters besides the frogs too.

There will be a shoot out in a bank.

Herbie The Frog must kill everyone in all seven buildings. There is a saloon, general store, restaurant, bank, blacksmith, jail, and stables. He must complete one building before going to the next and they increase in difficulty. After he completes this he has a showdown with Otto the frog to win the game.

Otto is the opponent from froggy boxing, he will be a cowboy too. He was Herbie's biggest bully as a kid.

Thanks! :)

"cue theme from good the bad and the ugly" Well looky here pardner, there's a new frog in town "time to get busy livin or get busy dying" He's great Den I can't wait to see the finally product. and remember what 1 cowboy said to the other as they walked through the cow pasture. You gotta watch your step when the chips are down.

I did a test of herbie in the game engine today. Took a long time to get the model prepared properly to handle the game engine shadows and stuff. I kept finding hooks. I didnt even notice these stray hooks til I ran a mesh test and found open faces in the model in gamestudio. It displays right in the model editor with the hooks for some reason, you cant tell there is a problem until you run the check utility. Then the hat was causing all these funky artifacts in the shadows. I had trouble figuring that one out. Then I finally found a double spline ring on the model. I deleted the extra spline ring and all was well.

Well, there's some foreshadowing to some of the funky stuff that may come up while we do the two game too I guess. I'm sure torque has its own funky stuff to deal with too.

I made a terrain today too. It is pretty basic but when it is occupied with trees and buildings and rocks it will look nice. Man I have a lot of work to do.

Yeah this game is gonna be a pretty violent one with deaths. If he was just shooting the gun out of their hands that wouldnt be much of a revenge he has on them. The wild west was pretty violent though. I will try to keep it humorous. Hey, they old warner brothers cartoons were pretty violent too but they were still good fun. Like when daffy blows himself up as his great act and his soul comes out his body. Pretty weird stuff.

I will not have any gore in the game anyway. It will be kept pretty clean.

post-1974-1143242405_thumb.jpg

Have you thought about one of the levels taking place within a "frogger level"?

You could have the area with cars driving back and forth, then the log floating thing with traps, and finally powerups at the end where the flies would normally be (set up like a game of frogger). Or I suppose if you want to keep it old western you can replace the cars with wagons :)

Haha, anyways I'm really looking forward to seeing this as it progresses. Keep up the good work!

--Ross

Ross

You are like a mind reader or something. Out on the street of the town there will be tumbleweeds rolling by that knock you down if they hit you and snakes slithering by that knock you down and you lose a little energy if they hit you. The street is where you go to catch flies to rejuvenate your health. Also the final battle with Otto is on the street so all this will make the last fight more challenging. I guess this is like frogger, I haven't thought of it as frogger but you are right.