sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first serious WIP

Welll her it is. I still need to touch up the seams and change some of the textures around, but take a look! When finished it will have specular mapping, normal mapping, etc for teh game it will be going into. Also I plan on using it in the opening animation for that game. It'll be done in A:M. :) (I'll post a small movie to show the whole thing after my browser gets over timing out from waiting so long! I hate slow internet!)

post-8308-1143013003_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone turn on a light... I can't see the model on my expensive laptop's crappy screen. :D

I aggree about the lighting. Yves had a point on this in one of the radiosity or Ambiant Occlusion tutorials. Gamma correct the picture to 1.4 (I think Yves said that).

This is closer to what the gamma should be for our 'messed up' screens. :P

fighter556_gamma_corrected.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I calibrated my monitor once... and everything I did on it after that was too dark for the rest of the world to see.

Calibrated monitors are so rare that it has almost become pointless to target them.

Dunno. I really don't know. This morning I couldnt't post a new one anyways. I barely had time to write that post before gonig to school. :)

PS: What's with that weird distorssion on the front sides? It's not tere in the UV. :o

PS2: (Mine came calibrated, don't know why, but there was no change after I calibrated after I got it.)

Alright, here. I recalibrated my profile again, this time to match that of a windows more closely. (It tells me.)

Much better I might say...so here you go. I know the ship its self is a little dark, but that's not the point. The wireframe is.

post-8308-1143074893_thumb.jpg

Your patch density is WAY to much. You only need about 9 patches for the top half of that central hull.

Anything that is a flat or single surface can usually be one patch or just a few.

The modeling you are doing here is reminicient of ... *GLUP*... polygon modeling. :blink:

The detail part of the ship in the opening can probably stay as is, but the hull, wings and outer shell of the engines needs to be simplified.

If you want the angular look, you can easily do that by peaking splines.

Here is a really quick hull I did which is similar in shape to yours. (Took 2 minutes)

example.jpg