Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

an oldie but a newbie ;)

marefyre

Hello everyone!

Allow me to introduce myself. Mundanely, my name is Marni. My ID on these boards is marefyre. I'm a married 30-something living in Florida.

I went to Sheridan College for their Classical Animation course back in the early 90's, but left after 3 years and didn't go into the field, in fact, I'll admit I abandoned it. For years. Recent odd occurences have re-kindled my interest in animation, and in learning A:M I foresee finally being able to tell my short stories and create the demo reel I always wanted, but couldn't achieve in my academic years. I found A:M at MegaCon 2006 here in Orlando, and after seeing the prices for DAVE school and Lightwave, buying a copy of A:M was a no-brainer!!

While I'm not the best at doing things with computers, I hope to learn from everyone here as I read your posts and pick up new things.

I hope to make friends with many of you out there!!

marefyre :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard!

Yep, you'll get plenty of help here... I've discovered that no matter how seasoned the vetrans are... they are all still learning! And, I think the forums here are top notch... the help is pretty fast in coming, too...

Having some experience with animation will certainly give you a leg up. I think you'll find A:M pretty intuitive. Though if you're used to polygons, it might be a bit of a stuggle at first. The art of A:M that came with the software will get you up to speed quickly, especially given your previous experience.

Welcome aboard Marni. Glad to have you with us. :)

Mundanely, my name is Dhar. My ID on these boards is ...uh....Dhar... <_<

I live on the left coast and, like yourself, I took quite a few animation classes (n early 80's & 90's). I never abandoned it, it's just thatm well, life happened (marriage, kids, family, bills, bills, bills). But now that the kids arer all growed up, and thanks to A:M, I can do what I always wanted to do. :)

I'm married, 47 something :unsure:

Hello Marni,

I'm a senior in high school and my name is Teresa. I wish I could say that I had a background in animation, but I haven't gone to college yet. I can see how having a background in animation would make this program a lot easier to work with. I'm not the best with doing things on computers either. I just know that I love animation and I want to animate for Pixar someday. You've come to the right place to learn new things from reading peoples posts. I'm overwhelmed with stuff to learn. This forum is a great way to make connections and learn how to use the program!!! I love it!

Hello Marni,

Welcome Home. I think you will find AM and the community to be the perfect place to rekindle the desire to tell a story through animation. I am relatively new to AM but can ensure you this is a great place to be. AM is a deep pool but like all pools there is a shallow part for the beginners and the best part the forums have lots of lifeguards when you need some help. Enjoy! :D

Welcome Marni,

I joined with everyone else in saying welcome to the forums. Like you I have had animation training although I was in 3d. I found that not only is AM priced well but it is definitely one of the most powerful programs that I have used.

The boards here are packed with really talented people so you will not have a problem finding help if you need it.

Again welcome aboard,

Leo