sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hiriyu

Dhar

Hi,

I'm taking a break from boot camp so I started working on this winged dragon that may become the logo for my newly formed Taiko group, called...uh... Hiriyu <_<

Critiques and any help and insights/experience will be greatly appreciated.

What I did basically is use the terrordactyl model and changed the form to look like the O Dragon by Roger Dean.

[attachmentid=12596] [attachmentid=12597]

post-5367-1135484300_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1135484321_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool stuff. can't wait to see more!

his ear attaches to his head a bit wierd, but it is hard to tell if it does or not from that angle.

Thanks Phnx.

Yeah, the ears are attached to the head, the angle isn't the greatest. I'm working on the arms, next is the hands. That's where I need help, how to extrude the hand and fingers. <looking at favs for saved tutorials, jeez there are so many> :blink:

[attachmentid=12602]

post-5367-1135557335_thumb.jpg

It's a nice dragon. I'd love to hear some recordings of your taiko group, though. That would be really cool.

Maybe if I ever get my samurai animation on track, you could provide the music? A samurai duel set to taiko drums would rock!

Thank you brain, I am flattered and I would be honored to create a taiko number for you, mind you, we have no recording studio, so, it'll be amature quality. <I can hear it already, sirens howling & dogs barking in the background and our next door neighbor pounding on our door & screeming to keep it down just as your samurai plunges his katana into the enemy's heart> :lol:

I've got my wife working out the storyline, but it'll be a while before I can start on it. I've got so much devoted to the TWO project, and I've got to put together some "Photoshop for 3D" tutorial cds to put on Cafepress...

I would love it if you could do it when the time comes, though. I love taiko. I used taiko music for a ninja short that I made once. It was really cool.

If there is that much background noise it shouldn't be to much of a problem. I might be able to redo it with cakewalk studio and a keyboard if necessary. It's the composition that I can't do...

I'll have to do something with that ninja character eventually too. She's cool. She's a modern day ninja vigilante. The original short film was really bad though. More of a trailer, really...

oooooo.... i really like those hands!

keep up the good work!

Thank you phnxpyre, appreciate your comments :)

WOW!!! Impresive!

I can picture movements of that ... um ... creature in my head!

Cool model!

Thank yoy traj. I'd like to know about that movement you see :)

I've got my wife working out the storyline, but it'll be a while before I can start on it. I've got so much devoted to the TWO project, and I've got to put together some "Photoshop for 3D" tutorial cds to put on Cafepress...

I would love it if you could do it when the time comes, though. I love taiko. I used taiko music for a ninja short that I made once. It was really cool.

If there is that much background noise it shouldn't be to much of a problem. I might be able to redo it with cakewalk studio and a keyboard if necessary. It's the composition that I can't do...

I'll have to do something with that ninja character eventually too. She's cool. She's a modern day ninja vigilante. The original short film was really bad though. More of a trailer, really...

brains, I was joking about the background noise. If I was to record any taiko drumming, I'd probably do it at the dojo where we practice. I just can't do studio quality recording.

Whenever you're ready, let me know, I'd love the opportumity :)

I'd say the dragon is shaping up nicely. I too, Love the stylistic hands.

I know the tail is not finished, but it seems a bit odd right now. Almost as if it's supposed to taper into rear legs. It should be more rounded like a snake, yes?

I would also add more meat around the wing's shoulders. You have to support that bad boy after all! :D

Keep up the good splinage... you are doing well.

Thanks for your input Jody. I'm taking a break from that bad boy. Here's an update.

[attachmentid=12803]

Part of the same project is the taiko drum [attachmentid=12808] and its stand

[attachmentid=12804]

I'm having a problem patching

[attachmentid=12805][attachmentid=12806][attachmentid=12807]

Any help will be appreciated.

post-5367-1136141751_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136141885_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136141930_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136141953_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136141975_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136142114_thumb.jpg

I redid the stand from scratch stitching differently than before. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the abnormalities? Especially those with experience modeling and decaling.

Thanks.

[attachmentid=12956] [attachmentid=12955]

post-5367-1136525850_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1136525872_thumb.jpg

well, if the splines on the flat part of the wood are peaked and are going to stay that way, then just create a 4 point spline and attach the middle two cp's according to the picture. when those are attached just delete the outer two cp's and your creases should be gone. 5-point patches are very handy, but when you create a concave 5-point patch you get very strange crease and abnormalities.

It takes a lot of experience and time to get model and spline construction down. I still have problems from time to time :)

post-8217-1136529375.jpg