sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Water Splash underwater bubbles stuffish

Ok taking another little break from my c-130 aircraft model, this time Im goofing with a water splash(no splash yet though) ...oh well , something like the topic title, attached are a couple short clips of theb Eddie model from the CD falling into what is suppose to be water, the motion and timing and just about every thing else is way, way off, all I was doing on this go round was working on the sprite air bubbles, and I slaped together a simcloth water surface, with sloppy settings, a lightgel on a light, and some sloppy eddie key framing of him flopping underwater....

More later I hope...

Any suggestions are welcome and noted,

Michael[attachmentid=12452]

And this view[attachmentid=12453]

Eddie_Dive_n_Splash_Water_Bubbles_test4f.mov

Eddie_Dive_n_Splash_Water_Bubbles_test4r.mov

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, Im not great at explaining what im doing or have done so bear with me...On the sprite I set it up at first in the material section of the PWS, the basic settings, then after I get it in the choreography I set or reset things like rate of emmision and the such on the frames I want it to start, so I usually have ROE set to 0 with a hold interpolation until I want it to start emmiting.

I hope I remembered that correctly...if not Just ask and Ill try to save out the project and post it here...

Thanks all for the comments

Michael

Well John, seems your hard work after all these years is rubbing off on me, or maybe we're just twin sons of different mothers.:)

So glad you understood my (cough, cough) tut Mark, this might be the first time Ive actually helped just a little.

Michael

Here is a top view, all Ive added is a little more to Eddie's movement, the timing is way off ,to slow at the begining to fast under the water. Ive been trying to get a simcloth water surface but get funky artifacts when the cloth is at certain angles.

ill work with it some more and post a clip of the funkyness if I cant figure it out....

Tried blobbys but rendering was taking to long......

Michael

Water_Effect_TView.mov