Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Room

gre03

here's my latest model of my room. i still have to add a lot a decals to the posters and add some more paintings but at the moment i think it looks pretty good

P.S. i know making the edges curved would make it look a lot more real, but that adds twice as many control points to the project and then everything gets really slow.

Comments Appreciated :)

post-6232-1130805938_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long did it take you to make all that? :)

is your ceiling normaly black like that? I get the impression that your room is floating around in space with no ceiling. lol.

It took me about 3 days to model my room. i've been trying to get the cieling and the walls the same color without using ambiance. i've tried to lower the light source but i have to lower it so it is in the centre of the room to have the cieling the same colour as the walls.

P.S. i've tried radiosity but it takes way too long to render, and the end result is a whtie background with black spots :huh:

It took me about 3 days to model my room. i've been trying to get the cieling and the walls the same color without using ambiance. i've tried to lower the light source but i have to lower it so it is in the centre of the room to have the cieling the same colour as the walls.

That is the effect of light falloff on default plastic material. For plaster ceilings painted with matte paint, you should try the Oren-Nayar shader.

P.S. i've tried radiosity but it takes way too long to render, and the end result is a whtie background with black spots

You should take a visit to the Cornell Box tutorial in the Radiosity forum.

those windows look a lot like stacks of TV's.

Yeah, thats funny, it does look like you have a lot of flat screen tvs. But the room looks good to me, but maybe you should put some images behind the windows, like landscape or trees, or even a street light if it is at night. Well, good job.

James

P.S. i know making the edges curved would make it look a lot more real, but that adds twice as many control points to the project and then everything gets really slow.

Do you mean beveling on edges? Here's my 2 cents on beveling everything. 1. When the camera is too far away, fine "edge" bevels don't show up anyway. (Or very little.) 2. There are plenty of things to make a scene look real, beveling is just one of them. You seem to have hit on some of the others, such as texturing.

You might apply bevels to objects that would benefit from it, i.e. close to the camera or large bevels that will actually show up appreciably.

Great work, keep it up!