sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

attempt at fountain using smoke material

johnl3d

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John!

Took a look at your amplitude responding thing - that works really well for something that is to be done more automatically - but I was thinking of doing something deliberately choreographed - changing the spray patterns to form artful designs that would be animated to music (by hand) - eg changing the path to twirl or to sway, maybe even trace a heart. Along with changing amplitude of the spray.

I was imagining there could be multiple thin "spray spigots" emanating from the sides of the lower bowl and aimed towards the center to form graceful arcs to reach the other side that would form interesting patterns as they crossed each other, in addition to fountain types that bubble whused (whoosed?) straight up as in your first example (which also formed nice spray patterns).

I seem to remember you doing something with blobbies? in a pipe? - Blobbies are so computationally expensive. Perhaps a sprite emitter that looks like a blob for a thin stream following a dynamically changing path might suit the situation. I really like the "water pipe" geometry you had in the first example.

All in all - this is so far off in time (for when it would be needed) & it's not really clear if there really will be an opportunity (or need) for fancy water pattern dancing in the movie - so I look at this as something neat that would be interesting to figure out.

But I could definitely see using thin streams of water coming from the sides along with refined central gushers in the bottom, as well as thin delicate streams in the top basin, as the characters pass by.

(Yikes! maybe it's really sparkly oil - or glitter streaming as after all, we are in Tin-can-rust land)

Thanks again, Tinkering Gnome Guy

Nancy just a thought you know sprites can be animations also so there are some interesting possiblilities. Animated a model of water forming shapes or a shape and you could get interesting results

on this example i used an image sequence for the sprites and same ones on a layer

firesprites.mov

Edited by johnl3d