sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Terran Soldier.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Higginsdj,

Those creases are from a very low spline count. When I export into polygon .X format they are not as noticeable. And, as I mentioned, I am still working on fitting the texture to the face properly. That includes modifying the mesh to reduce lines. Most of these models will only be viewed in a fairly typical RTS view anyway until we implement the first person aspect of the game. I just posted this pic to give an idea of one of my works in progress.

Looks like a mean Samuel L Jackson! Nice work. If that image is in the poly program, there should be angles, but in AM, they should be smooth. Otherwise, they're not continuous splines. You probably know all this though.

It is never a safe bet to assume I know all of anything Ken! :P:D The Pic is out of AM and the splines you are referring to look like that because they are peaked. I know that this looks very subpar to the Hash crowd as we all know the very realistic results that A:M is capable of. I just ask for people to remember that this is a WIP and also that in RTS games there is a different standard that I am working to.

Don't worry though, I am making a version without the steampressed pleats in the Face. :lol:

Hey welcome back. That looks good to me. The creasing doesn't bother me too much. Except the nose. That kind of stands out a bit. And the blue of the eyes goes up into the eyebrow/forehead area. I'm assuming thats what you meant by not fitting properly. If so feel free to ignore my comment. Other than those few things it looks great.