Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first upload

http://www.hash.com/stills/displayimage.ph...up&cat=-1&pos=0

I was watching the DV garage tutorial on the crate, and I figured I'd try to make one. Instead of putting a logo on the first panel, I put "Caution: Carnivorous Plants" and that started the ball rolling.

I made all the textures in photoshop (except for the $50, that pic came from the treasury department website), all of the wood materials came from pictures I've taken, and the grunge maps were all made from a pic of my oil tank!

The concrete and bricks for the walls came off of a cd, but I had to do a lot to them to get them to look like that.

Oh, and what's the best way to do something like a light gel? I tried dragging the image onto the light, but that must've scared A:M, because it kept running away. <_<

What I ended up doing was making a cookie cut object for my grimy window shadow, and sticking that in front of the window. But what if I wanted to do something like a stained glass window?

Finally, 20 points to anyone who can correctly identify the type of leaves I used...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments!

Tom, you're right. I adjusted the contrast on the original, just a little bit, but it makes a world of difference.

And, the answer to the trivia question (it's going to seem obvious when you hear it),

The type of leaves I used are:

Monstera Deliciosa!

Nice job Laz.

I like the detail of the crates and plant.

I would probably add some more "detail" lights (maybe some blue for a night feel?), kinda like Jim Talbot does.

Maybe some light coming from down the alley (street lights and shops), as well as overhead (mercury lights), then a bluish cast from the moonlight to punch it up a little.

You could even add a light coming from a window that's out of sight (make a quick scrim and put it in front of that light with a yellowish tint.

Greg

Bruce: I thought that's what it was, but every time I tried it, A:M vanished. Must've been something to do with the image I used...

Greg: Those are good suggestions, but it's not an alley, and it's not at night....

It's supposed to be a dark warehouse, and the only source of light is a grimy skylight in the roof.

I made it very dark because I wanted it to seem like a part of the warehouse that was used so rarely that they don't bother to turn the lights on.

The kind of place where an unsuspecting new guy would come around the corner, see that $50 bill, and think it was his lucky day.....