• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why won't my image show up?

well here is the link to it.

My Webpage

if you happen to look around my web site please excuse it. I have not updated it in a very long time and has some old work up there and somethings fail to show up. I have been working on a project for about 2 years now and I try to devote all of my time to that and I can not post any of those images.

chad,

your modeling looks top notch, but between the low lighting and the snow, it's difficult to see the detail.

if you are striving for the level of photorealism you achieved with the bullet, then consider more light and texture for the pistols.

great start!

-jon

thanks,

that is my next step, I just need to find time (an remember to get my tripod) to take pictures of my gun for the textures and map them. I had a few different lighting setups but I was trying to get a sense of them on display somewhere but it did not turn out like I wanted. I might place them on a dirt grond or something and see how that turns out.

I can tell you are using z-buffered shadows. You'll get better results with ray-traced. They do take a bit longer to render, but I'm sure you'll be happier with the results. If you get a chance, I'd suggest reading through Yves' "Lighting Tutorial" in the Radiosity forum. It may help you better understand how to set up your lights.

looks much better!

the 'tell' for me is the white metal.. it still looks like plastic. especially the business end of the barrell.

i'd throw in an environment map, but there may be easier solutions.

-jon

Very nice. The models seem solid--not clay like which is nice considering what they are.

You might want to work on the bullets a little right now they seem too reflective shiny and new--in other words like glass or plastic. The same for the clips/magazines.

From a compositional standpoint you may want to consider increasing the size of the blocks (specifically for the one on the right) because with the postion of the camera in comparison to the blocks the right gun seems to be floating which is effecting the realism of the image.

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, can you remove the starry things floating across the screen? I keep looking at your images--but then I turn into Dory--oooh something shiny, it just went over the image. B)

Good job.

J