Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My dino WIP

TestRender1.jpg

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my current WIP with you all. I'm almost done with modeling at this point, and I'm about to move on to rigging and texturing. Any input is welcome, and I'll try not to procrastinate too long about updating the thread.

Cheers

Morgan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should work on the head some more. You've done such a good job with the rest of the body that it spoils it. I'd like to see a wire of it, but it looks like Jam is right about the cps. Also the eyes need abit more detail to them. Sort out the wrinkly head and you'll have one mean rex on your hands.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. . . in response. . yes I'm going for a slightly stylized look with a larger head and feet. . The eye is just a place holder for now. . I have a finished eye I'll slap in when I'm finished with the rest of the modeling. . eye1.jpg

excuse the wires superimposed on the images. . .it's the only one I have of the model at hand. Thanks again. . .I wanted to get an opinion expecially about the face. . it is spline heavy but I have the detail in the snout area since I was thinking about creating "snarl" poses. . .but then again. . .I may just take those splines out. . hrmmmm you've certainly given me something to think of. I'll post wires in an hours or so when I get a chance.

Wow, looks great.

The head and feet are a bit large in porportion to the rest of the body, thus Daniel's "baby" comment. I'm not sure if that's the style you were going for, if you want a more adult appearance while keeping the head the same size, if you enlarge/lengthen the upper leg/hips and lengthen the tail, that might work.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Steve P.

Nice model and beautiful render :)

I think its head looks too creased, it certainly would be better if you simplify the spline density in that area.

Also, I'm not an expert in dinosaurs but I think it should have a narrower torso and a stronger hip, where really resides the ability to support the rest of the body.

Great work!

that´s one really good looking dino, how´d ya do the lighting? i see lots of people using this kind of lighting but i´m oblivious as to how to produce it, anyway great work

Its a skylight rig.

1. Yves Poissant has a tute on his site along with the model, lights and actions required to put one together (http://www.ypoart.com/tutorials/skylights-intro.htm).

2. There is also a Skydome rig that you can add c/- John Henderson at http://www.artboxanimation.com/ and

3. Then there is the online skylight rig builder by Jeff Lee at http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/animas/skylight/

Cheers