sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

explosion with crater

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the crater is a a small mesh with two tga decals .one acts as a displacement map and the other a color decal by increasing the percentage..they both start at 0 the crater grows and the color changes as the percent goes up as set in the chor..I did this just to show a way of doing it in fact i purposely shortened the explosion and halved it in size just to speed it up. to do it right i would have added some debris flying out and a short lens flare at the beginning ....a quick flash .

exactly Rodney just some debris flying off and an inverted crater switch black and white on tga or give a negative percentage

my current favorite is the muliple model plugin

I tried it with a simple model with a pose then animated each one easily in the chor

sorry this is a little of the explosion topic

this is what i goy

mult.mov

Rodney bullets without debris its late

Jeff it was just on the forum...Eugene asked for it

and Steffen Gross the great plugin guy supplied it

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...557&hl=multiple

http://www.sgross.com/plugins/plugin_temp/multiple.zip

bullet.mov

It will work on any model all it is is simply turning on a decal or two or three

on a decal there is a percentage under the image tab for each type of image you simply start with say a decal on a patch of a black dot set at 0% color at the time of the shot you set in the chor the % to 100 . make sure the first frame is set at hold interpolation for the % attribute or you could probablty do this in a on/off pose