Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

First attempt at making a character

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated him and decided that his name would be "Rosco" heh :). The updated version of him is below. I added definition to the mouth and scaled down the head just a bit the to size that I wanted it plus as you see I added the torso, legs, arms and feet. I tweaked the face a little too and will continue to add detail as I go along with this character. The updated picture of him is below:

post-7-1104295101.jpg

Also I am having a little bit of trouble making eyes for this character. If I make the eyes it dosnt fit right and I try to position the eyelid around the eye but it just goes a little threw the eye and it dosnt look right. How would I make the eyes for this character? Picture is below:

P.S> Any suggestions to make this character awsome is appreciated and also I plan on making a short film with this character so he will be animated.

post-7-1104295394.jpg

Paul, take a look at some of the models on the cd to give you an idea on how to layout the splines around features like eyes and mouths. I think there might even be a dog on it.

For example, the minimum number of splines coming out of an eye should be 6....two at each side, two on the top and two on the bottom. I wonder also if you're using the copy/flip/attach and mirror features which will cut your work in half.

BTW, it's a good start.

Ok guys here are some updated pictures of my character:

CharacterPreviewWireframe2.jpg

CharacterPreviewWireframeShaded2.jpg

CharacterPreviewWireframeShaded.jpg

CharacterPreviewWireframeMouth.jpg

CharacterPreviewMouth.jpg

Vash: Im going to add color definately to this model. I got the eyes as you see above which they will change to look more real since right now they are just too plain. And your right about adding detail to his body. Im probably going to be adding alot of fur to this character and a clothed hood over his head so that should add some detail and uniqness to this character.

KenH: Yes I used copy/flip/attach for just the head and other parts of the body. The torso although was extruded from the neck.

Paul ;)

For your first character you are off to a good start. I couldn't connect arms and legs for months when I first started. You are going to have to do a whole lot of tweaking to get rid of lumps and deformities, however.

• Hash Fellow

The concave depression between the eyes is the thing that bothers me most. There really is no creature built like that. Even creatures with protruding eyes don't have a valley like that.

I know, you're gonna say "he's a new creature that happens to be shaped that way" but since he seems to follow basic conventions in every other regard (he's a symmetrical biped) that feature doesn't quite seem credible. Find a way to raise that area as a continuation of the bridge of the nose.

But for a first character, I think you've demonstrated substantial splining skills. I don't think you'll have trouble making mods to him. By all means, rig this guy and do some animating with him. Making them move is the fun part. :)

Alright got an updated version of him plus I fixed that concaved part on the top of the head. Was going to leave it but saw how it would look without it and decided to just make his head more rounder. This is just the beginning of the texturing. Im going to be adding Fur, a clothed hood, and some other things that I don't know yet. Here it is:

Rosco_Latest.png

zaryin: I am going to keep some of the deformities and lumps on there since it will be the fat that will be animated. Specifically the deformities under the neck.

vash: No he doesn't have the skeletal rig yet. But he soon will have it once I am done with the texturing. Thats another big project heh B) .

robcat: Yea like I said up above I took your advice and fixed the top part even though I was specifically going to leave him that way since that was how I wanted him modeled. But I tweaked the top part and it came out looking even better. I also do plan on rigging him and animating him in a short film. I don't know what it'll be about yet but soon I'll figure it out.

Thanks guys for all the comments. Really appreciate them.

Paul :rolleyes:

Actually I was just experimenting with the fur and I don't think thats what Im going to do with this character. For one, because he just wouldn't look good with it. Cant really picture him as a furry creature. And for two, because its a little tricky to get the patch color for the fur to be the material color. When I figure that out then I'll add fur :D but for now no fur :)

PEACE Y <_<

Paul :rolleyes:

He looks like an alligator, so as far as I am concerned (which really isn't a lot) he would not look good with fur. He looks a lot better though.... :)

Thats it! An alligator. Rosco The Alligator :). Awsome thank you for helping me figure out what the heck this was.