sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Eyes

Heres something I put together in a few hours, the eye model is the Uber Eye from cfree68f, thanks so much again! I made a new Iris and added a color and bump map to the white of the eye and played around with the reflection and spec. settings. CC is always welcome, hope you like it.. :)

Eyes.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great! Makes me want to keep improving the eye. There's only one thing I can think of that bugged me about it aesthetically(the uber eye, not yours) and that was the hard like between the white and the iris. the cornea usually smoothly flows off the eye.. but do to a modelling error on my part its sharp. This becomes very noticable in the specular hi-lites.

So many little projects and so little time. sigh...

Post more if you keep working with it.

C

It looks great! Makes me want to keep improving the eye. There's only one thing I can think of that bugged me about it aesthetically(the uber eye, not yours) and that was the hard like between the white and the iris.

I was just going to say that! I don't know how you would improve the modeling though.

Thanks for the comments!! :D

Matrickz,

did you use Photoshop to create the eye iris decal? Or did you take a pic of your eye and apply the iris as a decal (sure seems like it) lol.

Hey, thanks, I wish I made it but no its actually a picture and I photoshoped out the glare in the original picture so that it would make a good color map :)

I was just going to say that! I don't know how you would improve the modeling though.

The modeling is actually amazingly good! And once again I can't say it enough, thanks for the eye!! It would be easy to fix, but it actually has a group name, so did you mean to make the black part? Either way I love the eye model :) thanks thanks thanks!!

Yeah I meant to make the black part. I had made it before I textured the iris to simulate the dark area around the iris.

Anyone interested in a super easy way to make irises with a photoshop action ... Which is how I did the original iris... Check out this site...

http://www.kandsdesign.com/kim/eyemap-tut.html

Its got a downloadable action as well. Works like a charm.

Colin

Hey Colin,

Do you know about this paper about the technique employed by artificial eye artists? It is well worth the reading. It is amazing how many different layers they use.

Your eye model looks very interesting. A good piece of engineering and artistic feat if I may say. Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah I meant to make the black part. I had made it before I textured the iris to simulate the dark area around the iris.

Anyone interested in a super easy way to make irises with a photoshop action ... Which is how I did the original iris... Check out this site...

http://www.kandsdesign.com/kim/eyemap-tut.html

Its got a downloadable action as well. Works like a charm.

Hey! I know what you were going for now, I actually kinda like the black part, especially if it was meant to be more cartoony. I saw your new eye on the other topic and its AMAZING! I can't believe how much you have put into that eye!! I have no clue how you made it change hues but that is so awesome, thanks again man.

The link you gave is great! I'm gonna have to try that, it looks so realistic!

Hey Brandon,

I checked out your site. Cool site dude.

C

hey again! :P Thanks a ton, cause I dont think its very good lol. nothing like your work!

Another great piece of work Brandon! 

A very unnerving image. 

haha thanks, well we had to make some kinda eye for art class. I wouldn't have done that in my free time ;)

Hey Colin,

Do you know about this paper about the technique employed by artificial eye artists? It is well worth the reading. It is amazing how many different layers they use.

Your eye model looks very interesting. A good piece of engineering and artistic feat if I may say. Thanks for sharing it.

wow so much for something so simple :huh:

Thanks for the comments!! :D

Matrickz,

did you use Photoshop to create the eye iris decal? Or did you take a pic of your eye and apply the iris as a decal (sure seems like it) lol.

Hey, thanks, I wish I made it but no its actually a picture and I photoshoped out the glare in the original picture so that it would make a good color map :)

That's what I thought you probably did..but it doesn't matter how you do it..it only matters how it turns out

yves,

You may have given me something else to do with that eye. Eyeyiyi...

As I worked on it... My only thought about what might be wrong with the multiple colors for the iris.. is that they tended to be mono chromatic... and most eyes have blue green or brown green mixes and even dots of yellow or red. I will have to play with layered iris textures to see if I like the results.

Thanks for the compliment though... I must admit it was fun to work on and its actually a test subject for a much bigger project I have in mind.

C

very very nice, great detail.   

hey thanks man! btw I like your new character

Wow, they look cool, indeed.

They might look even better if you added realistic skin shade to the eye lids.

Good job! 

Thanks a lot! I agree that the skin doesnt look realistic at all, I have never made skin in my life so I didn't know where to start. I put a color map on, which is too gold I now realize and the bumb and spec maps are poor :blink: .

Ohhhhh I just realized why the spec map didn't work! I was using the last update of A:M, and the spec. maps didn't work in it. I just upgraded and now it works! that should help make it look more alive and wet! I'll try to get another render up here when I've improved the skin.. thanks for the comments guys

BTW I just saw your signature turbokitty77.. hows that school? I'm lookin around and I think I checked out their site, also were you able to use a:m there or did they make you use Maya? Most likely maya but its worth a try ;)

Later