sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

alien head avatar

I'm starting to model an alien head for an avatar on the has forums...The part I'm stuck on is putting a mouth on him that will actually have a tongue and teeth inside. And also I'm having trouble figuring out how to put eyes in....I've read tuturials on the has "tuturial resources, but nothing ever works for me...to help me, you might want the wireframe, so I'll post that up after this one:

post-7-1094689062.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before you do much more, back up a copy of your model, I suggest a different copy for every major change, this way if you change your mind about the look, you only have to open the appropriate model. It seems a bit patch heavy, this would slow your render time if you wanted to animate it.

It looks like you may have deleted some cps but still have left some viable 4 point patches, it's a little hard to tell. Give us a wireframe with the mouth problem.

If that's the case, you might try to unattach the splines that are giving you the problem and move the cps where they should be.

You might also consider a boolean mouth shape and cut it into the head, much like the jack-o-lantern tute. Again, animating something like that might be a headache.

For the eyes, you might consider making holes in the head by unattaching two sets of intersecting splines toward the top, make a couple four point single spline loops, and attach them to the splines you just unattached. From here, you could extrude the "eye" spline and form an eye stalk, or you could extrude and resize the splines, rounding them to form eyes.

Just a couple of thoughts,

Steve P.