Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

dragon

lazz

I started making a dragon and so far Its coming out relatively well i think. But, I'm having troble getting the chin to look smooth. Would someone know how i could re-attach some of the splines on the chin to make it look better? Thanks!

post-7-1093040323.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi xade ... your dragon promisses ..

Are you modeling the whole head ? I would suggest you just model a half of the head then copy/flip/attached it. The problem above would not happen, if this procedure was applied ..

Peace

Xtaz

That's an excellent face...awesome. *hint hint* you should work really hard, make a body and send it in for the 2005 mascot  -jamagica
Thanks jamagica! but i've already got a model I'd like to use for that contest. Speaking of which. Does anyone know how to send a picture for that in?

I think this is coming out really nice, do you already use the porcelain material, if not, here's a small tutorial    -pabloschmid

No, I've never actually tried the porcelain material but it looks as if it does help so i'll give it a shot when I'm all done with the model. Thanks!

Are you modeling the whole head ? I would suggest you just model a half of the head then copy/flip/attached it. The problem above would not happen, if this procedure was applied ..  -Xtaz

I modelled half of the head but instead of using the copy/flip/attach method I just connected the splines manually.

Here's another update, I've added teeth, a tongue, the inside of the mouth, and a a horn. I will be adding two more horns in the back and then that'll be about it for the head (i think). Then on to the body!

post-7-1093158878.jpg

Whew! That took a lot of effort. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I had started with a whole other body, but decided on this style instead. Now I need to texture on it. Would anyone know some good tutorials for texturing. That would rock. Thanks!

post-7-1093403272.jpg

Wow Xade looking good.

One thing that stands out is its arms. They look kind of small. Beefing up the bicep may help. Keep up the good work.

If you plan on texturing with decals, Wiiliam Sutton has a great tut somewhere on the forum. Do a search for UV editor.

Good work. The arms are a little tiny for a beast of this size. Their length are OK but their size seems too skinny. And also, the wings, or rather the wings attachment on the body seems too thin. To lift a beast of this size would require much more muscles in those wings attachments.