Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Spider character

Eos

Hey, hi again, i'be been working in animating the ET, but i also invented this character. It's a mean french spider called Monsieur Gamalier (not related with the ET guy) i found it funny just to create it.

Hope you like it, i'm buiding some textures now :)

gamalier.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, one thing "bugs" me with this arachnid though. The feet just strike me wrong. I guess they look a little flat-footed which takes away from the well modeled body and legs (and makes him a little less menacing). Maybe you could tweak these?

Any hint on what you might do with this model?

Hey nibble,

You're right, those feet seem a little flat and soft, I didn't pay enough attention to them, so I'm posting the image with the corrections. I also worked a little bit more on the head, mouth and teeth (I want him to be in a scene making a stereotyped villain laugh), the feet are now more pointed, structurized and evil-like, which makes him even badder. I added to the model a top hat, like the ones the typical cartoon villain who ties the terrified girl to the train tracks usually has. The skin is now furry-like, but it's not the final texture.

This character is one of six I'm creating for a short film about bugs, which turns to be my final animation proyect in the career of Graphic Design, Animation and Multimedia I'm taking here in Mexico. As I'm finishing to model them I'll be posting my results, so you'll be hearing from me soon.

Thanx for the comments! :D

arana.jpg

arana2.jpg

Lights can do magic! If i decrease the lights in the stage to add more shadows, Monsieur Gamalier looks even more evilish!

He he, just playing with the scene :P

Thanx again for the comments!!

I LOVE the character of this model!!! A whole lot of personality. Villains are always so much fun!

About the only thing I can add is some concern over animating the mustache...i.e. Snidely Whiplash from the Dudley Do-Right cartoon was always twirling and pulling on the ends of his mustache or when he talked how the mustache moved... actually, this kinda thing goes back to the vaudeville days and early silent movies, but I digress.

As it is now, it seems too flat to really allow for this type of animation.

Just my two cents,

Steve P.

Yeah! that's exactly what I was thinking Monsieur Gamalier would do while he's laughing!

I'm not yet with that part, it's probable that he would just pull his mustache once in a while, not twirl it... but the model mustache has enough patches... I think. Anyway, thanx for those two cents.

gamalierclose.jpg

Great fun! You can see, adding a hat and tilting his head really enhances his evil smile. Looks like you modeled his face well, too. Have you gotten around to trying out his rig? It would be fun to see him in action.

I also wonder a little how those fangs will play in the rest of his expressions. That could be a challenge.