Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mac & Mallow

I've finished my latest project ('bout time I say). :P

The 160 x 120 version is at AM:Films.

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/entry.php?entry=850

For those with more bandwidth, there's a 320 x 240 video at this address: http://gutterbrothersllc.com/video/

I welcome all feedback, however I am finished with this project and will move on. So if you don't see your comments being used to fix the video, it's not that I didn't listen. In fact, I'll likely use everyones suggestions for future videos.

Laters . . .

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the credits it looks like you did all the work on this except perhaps the music. If that's the case, a simple "Film By" or "Created By" should suffice.

And, of course, were something like this going to be submitted anywhere, proper credit for the music should be added.

Steve P.

hi Lance,

fun little animation. Just a couple of comments, the sequencing of your camera moves can be confusing. When Macaroni runs behind the pieces of bread and then it cuts to another view of him with the cheeseballs(?) with the camera moving in the opposite position it doesn't flow. The other thing that would improve it is using close ups and medium shots rather than just long shots.

Congratulations, finishing an animation is an achievement :D

fun little animation. Just a couple of comments, the sequencing of your camera moves can be confusing. When Macaroni runs behind the pieces of bread and then it cuts to another view of him with the cheeseballs(?) with the camera moving in the opposite position it doesn't flow. The other thing that would improve it is using close ups and medium shots rather than just long shots.

Congratulations, finishing an animation is an achievement :D

Thanks.

I'll definitely have to work on those camera angles. I was aware of that looking kinda screwy. Not to be repeated though. ;)

And finishing it was the achievement. I started the project way back (so far I can't remember). Just to finish something is good. Usually I've got dozens of unfinished projects. :blink:

• Hash Fellow

I enjoyed that. I like seeing what people are doing with toon rendering. I can imagine that just making the set and all the props was a lot of work.

One way to get better camera angles is to draw an imaginary line across your set. Keep all your characters on one side and the camera on the other and it will be almost impossible to get a confusing view.

I give it four smiles out of four! Very cute.

Personally, I think the camera work is fine here. In a fighting/action sequence, crossing the line isn't such a big deal and can even be done on purpose to intentionally give a "fog of war" confusion factor.

A little constructive criticism: you do something I always have trouble with, which is timing things on the slow side. Probably half of your shots would play better sped up. What I've started doing when I'm not sure of the timing is to animate something, speed it up until it looks *too* fast, then slow it down a bit.

Also, I think it would be cool to start with some heavy, dramatic music to emphasize that the macaroni guy is under attack. Then the swinging music comes on and the contrast makes it even more fun.

Thanks for sharing your food fight!

Thanks robcat2075. I'll work on that camera line again. And yes, creating everything was time consuming, but a worthwhile effort.

I could've used props that others have made, but I was trying to work on my modelling skills as well and figured I won't learn if I leach. :D

Thanks Aminator for the timing advice. If that marshmallow wasn't so fat, I could've moved him faster, but he just wouldn't cooperate. He's now in a workout program. :lol: