Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bud Splash

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very imaginative. I'm not really sure as to what you need to hear, but it looks a surreal dream. I do think the water could stand to be adjusted on it's ripple scale and contrast. Currently instead of a water appearance it has a feel of a paste. Will Sutton posted a link to a simple and clever water material he created that might better suit your project. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2476&st=0

Hmm.. Couldn't find the Ark thread with the search. had to resort to the brute method to extract the thing. <sigh>

Yes ! Very surreal and abstract(hmm someone tell me if I'm butchering art terms here :P ). Its the kind of thing that you can stare at and draw your own conclusions. If that's what you're after, then you've suceeded. Great job!

Doug

all the elements looks very good. I think it is a really nice image as is... but as far as what I think would be.....

the phase that the splash is in right now, would be how it would look by the time the object hitting the water was already 90% under the surface of the water. If not totally underwater.

Aside from that issue, this is a very pleasing image to look at.

Nice job!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I'm afraid there isn't any kind of meaning in particular to this picture. I just wanted to make something pleasing to the eye. So I guess it is just about entirely abstract. Except for the writing on the boat, which is my signiture, and then I stuck a + and then my girlfriends initials on a whim. Pretty much just a sappy detail. :) Glad you enjoyed it. That's the real point. Here's a wire frame. Not to complicated a model. Keeping the tendrils all separate and not touching was the only thing that took a little patience, but it wasn't to bad. Wish I could say that I modeled the clouds but it's just a painting I did. I'm not sure if that's a no-no in the 3d community to throw in in a background like that, but I sure as heck couldn't figure out how to model it. Would love to know if anyone has come up with a good cloud material by the way. :) Thanks for the posts.

-Nathan

post-8-1089686269.jpg