Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first WIP...critique?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is tuly your first try, you make me ill.

One note. Along the ridge of the back there is a very definite line. I would think this is unwanted. It is probably caused by peaked splines going through those cp's.

If you smooth the splines this should go away. If you wanted it to be there, then sorry for the intrusion.

Wade

An idea to make it look scarier: put it in a Chor, and adjust the camera so it's looking slightly UP at the beast. Adjust the Focal Length to a small number [experiment with this]. As you adjust the focal length, watch how the image changes. You're changing the lens of your virtual camera into a wide angle lens, as wide angle as the number you're setting. A wide-angle shot looking up at it will likely make it look larger and scarier.

Sacman; something weird happened there and I'm not sure of what. I plan to remove that ridge. The thing I'm wrestling with is how to give it hideous facial features. Scorpions "faces"(if you can call it that) isn't really that scary. Any suggestions on how to approach it?

Even though I'm new to 3D I've coordinated a lot of 3D and VFX projects. I've watched a lot of models beeing made by others. I guess that helps... :) I've always been really impressed by A:M and I use to talk about it with the "high end" 3D companies I've worked with. They usually dismiss it as a toy and then I tell them to check out the stuff made by Raf Anzovin and that usually sends them into a kind of worried uncertainty. I do think a lot of them are not comfortable that something like "Puppet" can be animated and rendered on a piece of software that's $299. One guy told me he actually knew for a fact that Puppet was done in Maya :D

I've tried a lot of the other brand names (to make small adjustments before rendering and stuff like that) on the market and I think all those strange tools provided by others are way too complicated and slow moving. In A:M you kind of pick up the paint brush and go - in the other apps you choose from a wide variety of complex virtual tools that in the right combination (that takes a long time to learn) allows you to pick up the brush and go. I prefer the Hash paradigm.