Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my very own Rocket

So I've looked at Javier's post re: Plasma Rocket and thought ... heck, i've got twenty minutes, i'm gonna start my own. Well, I spent 45 and so far here is what I have. Any comments are appreciated. I've got many details in mind (yes, now its pretty plain vanilla) but I'm open to any thoughts.

btw - i'm goin for that sort of retro, dorky look.

Cheers!

Doug

RocketA.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on giving it some fins or external control boosters?

Yes, Frank fins, fins are in. I want all sorts of those rivety looking things down the sides. Actually, not rivety looking but rivets.

Here's an update. Thanks for peeking.

Doug

*note - the pic attachment keeps disappearing, dunno why, but I just added it again.

RocketB.jpg

Are you going to try and use a cylindrical mapping solution or model in the rivets? V10.5r's seems a bit strange, but with the UV editor it works quiet well. Combine that with generous aid of the garbage can displacement map tutorial you should have a killer rocket in no time.

Are you going to try and use a cylindrical mapping solution or model in the rivets?

I think i'm gonna model the rivets.

As far as the texture go ... i'm really unsure how I'm going to approach this. Never really done any texturing, besides experiments (and not too sucessfully). Perhaps I'll do some texture painting on this one. I guess I should check out Will Sutton's tute on the uv editor eh?

Doug

• 1 month later...

I can attest to Rodger's rivet. I've used it on a number of odds and ends (a robot and a rocket if memory serves). It's small, and you can add hundreds if need be without adding too much overhead to your model, and they look great no matter how far or close you get to the model.

Now to have the patience to add hundreds of them to a scene by hand, ala Brian Prince and his pebbles. :blink:

Blast off will be a while yet as this is just a test for my first film. I'm working on storyboards now. Its gonna be a while.

Next up is finish and/or start a couple of props. Finish storyboards, decide on music (i know what I want to use just unsure if i'll be able to), finish the facial rig on the character and .... probably 1000 other things.

Thanks for all your nice comments.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...