Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

new tree plugin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got version 11 today now I can add leaves and really try my idea ..make the branches stiff cloth..the posted sample was default... then with leaves the stiff cloth tree branches can move as the cloth reacts to either a force or an object hopefully simlar to a real tree

• Admin

Incredible as ever John! Congrats on your upgrade to v11!

Upon seeing your little experiments I often say, "Kewl, Why didn't I think of that!"

Then I realize there is just no way to think of *and then exectute" the experiments you do.

Keep it up! You never cease to amaze and educate!

Thanks Rodney but even you can do these strange things just spend 3-5 hours in traffic listening to the radio play the same songs over and over as you dodge cell phone equipted drivers. You'll get inspired... :blink:

Now this is another twist on V11 hair..a big hairy army

I did a simple animation of a line guy shooting..(at a cell phone. :rolleyes: ) then used the animation as the hair decal..the white strip in this film is the model the hair material was applied to.

the idea is you animate a variety of "real" characters say for a war scene or wild dance then add them to a field as various decals in hair. You now have a wild crowd for a battle scene etc. By the way the density for this shot was .01

to get the best effect keep clicking the movie so it repeates

lineguy.mov

Wow. I think you have crossed the line that separates the innocently curious from the categorically insane. :lol: I mean that in a good way though.

Cool stuff! That is a very interesting idea. Now I'm going to be up all night trying to figure out how to use it... :D

-Andrew

>That is a very interesting idea. Now I'm going to be up all night trying to figure out how to use it

Actually I hope it works .....as I think it should .....but I have a few projects that were never posted because the mind is more powerful then the reality of the software

johnl3d

Wow! An animated army duplicator made out of hair.

Just think what it would be with 10 movie hair systems. Gosh! This opens up a lot of possibilities. You could make hundreds or thousands of marathon runners, cars, huge crowds and surely a field of spring flowers gently swaying in the breeze.

What will you thing of next!

looks pretty good to me....glad someone followed through..I keep starting to many ideas at once then I'm slow at getting back to them.

you're welcome to use anything else I start :D

johnl3d

Well thanks to you I now know I can add animation to the hair image. Now if I render that with an alpha channel, I could add it to a chor as a layer and build a bigger forest. I'll have to try it out. By the way, how is the tree cloth going?

I did notice something strange today. The color of the model was rendering wrong (defaulting to original color). But I saved the project and reopened it and it rendered fine. The layers for the bigger forest worked well.

These are great!! Love the cloth tree! Great example of "things aren't quite what you expect". Very interesting adaptations of hair.

I think we need a new contest category like, maybe, "The most unusually inventive things done with Animation Master". Or "Pushing the Bounds"...

Very interesting work, John and Mark.

Bill Gaylord