Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

UFO - 50k

Phew! It's been a long time since I posted at hash. I finally got the opportunity to use 3D in my cartoons again and figured you guys might like a look.

ufo.jpg

The UFO will become quite an integral part of the storyline of my current comic.

The only problem is that it only gets updated each week and it's fairly slow paced. It'll be more enjoyable to read the entire thing once it's finished (I hope :P)

Dan Beeston

http://www.invisiblespiders.com

'Get 'em Off Me Man!'

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I like the ship, very nicely done without going overboard on the nurnies.

One small nitpick, have you considered changing the color of the glowing lights? The dull yellow is okay, but I recommend experimenting, maybe green, red, electric blue... anyway, like I said it's a small nitpick

Show us some more of this when you get a chance.

Steve P.

• 1 month later...

The story is coming along well. Twenty episodes in the bag. Only nine to go.

The ship itself is at it's most impressive in the image below but please have a wander through my website to get a better notion of the context.

shipwalk.jpg

Dan Beeston

Get 'em Off Me Man!

• Admin

Dan,

That is quite an impressive undertaking you have there.

I'll have to go back and read it again as the navigation was a bit of a distraction to me... but what I saw was interesting.

Note to viewer: Maximize your screen for best viewing experience!

I realize you've set it up in more of a comic strip format but do you have any plans to reformat the story into standard comic format? Not as much of a request as it is just a question of what your plans are.

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to respond to this for ages but forgot which forum the post was in (Doy!).

This Strip format was designed especially for the web and it's underused ability to scroll sideways. I was actually able to create a (very wide yet short) book for the big pop culture convention here. Everyone loved the novel format.

Oh, by the way, the comic is complete. Pop along to my site to read through the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Kudos guys.

I did the initial comic with Paintshop Pro as that was all I had. Months later I began using Photoshop and the rest of the strips became a joy. That was pretty much all I used. I'd sketch up the characters and scan them in. Trace over them using the Photoshop Vector tools. (I'm sure I could benefit from Illustrator) And for all the backgrounds I'd simply through them together using a combination of vector tools and custom brushes.