sprockets Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Couch Launcher

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
2 hours ago, Darrin S said:

It's Low Key. and can I post a GIF god damn it ?

Hi Darrin,

When you are drafting a post there should be a space at the bottom where you can either click and hunt for the file you want or drag it in from another window...

image.png

Well, it's thinking of a plot that gives more reason to why the graphics aren't so good but the idea is that the 3 characters are on the road again playing star again... you see... but thats just a loop  between what you play... It's becoming more clear, but an Image of Sbarky with a laptop on his coffee table, sitting on his couch, projecting his phone onto the Tv, and thinking why not, with this logic you know, and then on to the bigger screen... and you skip over all the hard stuff, but still have access to all OpenGL offers and Java.... it makes you feel a bit insignificant... really...

Dancer.gif

That's an old sequence

I was working on this and was about to just put it on my website, but thought I'd test things out here first and maybe slow down a bit and build a better site.  But it's an intersection concept for the so-called Hyperloop which usually looks like just a straight shot through a tube.  It's the question of propulsion, and I figure pneumatic is something to consider... like pellet gun or blowing a toothpick through a straw... but to sustain the pressure flow becomes complex.  Like a fan doesn't work cause the "train" runs into it... so more thought on that...

And just as I was putting it on the website... a headline pops up that a company won a lawsuit against Playstore monopoly and I remembered that I forgot some things.  Like simplifying the app that works very smoothly now... but I can feel people running away if I say "programming" or anything related, but the best way I see to move that forward is as an open source Android project... and it's just a folder with files in it that is best opened in Android Studio (I know, but it's not as hard as before) and then you can figure out where to put your assembled 12-second "sprite sheet", and well, let's just wait on that....

I'll upload more GIF's cause that's just more fun right now!

Flownuts-Intersection0.gif

The "vessel" that goes through the tube needs to rotate to put g-force down as you go around a curve... and that's going to be on the next Underdog Show!

Puff0.jpg

And hold a 53' long by maybe 8' high and 7' wide semi trailer... not sure about the wheels...

Oh. I almost forgot to ask. How do I put music into the GIF? Cause that's essential to the music video, you know;

I can't have the cargo exiting the transport without Knight Rider theme music and! And! Overtone Voiceover telling you just who Michael Knight is.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=knight+rider+theme+youtube&mid=BA70984D381F0470B4D2BA70984D381F0470B4D2&FORM=VIRE

This is how Boto rolls in     .

• Hash Fellow
On 8/31/2024 at 12:12 PM, Darrin S said:

Oh. I almost forgot to ask. How do I put music into the GIF? Cause that's essential to the music video, you know;

I'm afraid GIF doesn't support sound. Video only.

For sound, some other format like MP4 would be needed.

A:M can render to AVI, which does include sound. However, AVI files are exceedingly large.

One work-around is to render to Uncompressed AVI in A:M and then compress the resulting file in some other video editing app to a format like .MP4 (which is different from MPEG4, incidentally).

That got me thinking about how music fits in but too much for now...

The navigation through the Hyperloop Intersection kind of got me thinking about music and it really almost unlocked the first 8 letters of the alphabet as you understand it.  You are navigating from bottom to top at first... then right out to exit...noticing future exits to be built...then re-enter like Pac-Man from the left, but go left...back north and into the same loop as before.

11 sequences of 12 seconds total.  Save #12 for the letter L for loop or move on.  It gets quite funny... but loop (route) 'B' is just like 'G'.... I gets skipped cause I is the intro ... oops you just clicked on an InstantApp idea... Feel free to exit and we're gone off of ... like it never happened.  And it loops until you click then ... well right now you see what I am drawing in A:M (that's another one)... like shown previously, the first image sequence (should be 12s) shows Route (loop) C(2).  2 because 1 is go straight , 2 is R, 3 is L.

The second sequence is Route B.  That's where for now we just demonstrate that useful buttons are to come.  The artsy sketch with the sign shows a concept of seeing an ad first but obviously you should be going from say Las Vegas area to the East at that point if you see the sign on the left, but thankfully that's going way too far, just sayin..

Anyway, that takes us through the intro (1), and Hyperloop Intersection (10), and we could logically keep looping... and we do....because I think there's one more sequence we need to get A.I.'s input and maybe help with the Alphabet Song...again, going too far... but AI can't so no...the perfect audience for this.. wait!

There's actually 8 new potential routes... but the master sequence should always show logically where you are at... so you know which files to swap in (previously called sprite sheets, but all reference to "game" is taken out of the program/project ...) such as 12 second music clips!   but more like replacing 12x12 frame image sheets.. sprite sheets.  Which is 12 seconds...could just be a background or the whole thing prepackaged... I fill a lot in with plain black images that don't render... can't do it all... but I need to see that loop...in my head... then... you can see the frames can show anything you want...

I think of it like 12 second music video previews that can go 24 seconds... 36 seconds.... oh! they clicked off!!! get the next one...!  This is 120 second loop.  If my math is correct.

IMG_20240903_175907011.jpg

IMG_20240903_175925704.jpg

IMG_20240903_175948856.jpg

IMG_20240903_180019799.jpg

IMG_20240903_180007302.jpg

• Hash Fellow

The most troublesome objection to the "hyperloop" I've read is that it is an impossibly large vacuum space to maintain. Hundreds of times larger than any built so far.

Fortunately, animation can sidestep that problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, so I had the concept of compressing air behind the vessel and sucking air by expanding space in front.  Like squeezing the transport thriugh.

2 hours ago, Darrin S said:

Yes, so I had the concept of compressing air behind the vessel and sucking air by expanding space in front.  Like squeezing the transport thriugh.

And of course the intersection puts you back into atmospheric pressure

• Hash Fellow

I look forward to your animation that details how that all works.

New York and several other cities used to have a pneumatic tube mail system. Big enough to carry a cat apparently!

Of course the need to mail a cat was very small, even in 1897, so I'm not surprised the system eventually went out of business.