sprockets Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

What next? [getting A:M installer]

novice

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

If you didn't get the download location you can download the latest installer from this page...

https://forums.hash.com/topic/53444-v195c/#comment-432447

After you run that installer and it finishes, run A:M and it should ask you for that 16 digit code.

Of course, you will do this on the computer you intend to use A:M on.

I recommend directly copying and pasting the Code from the email into the A:M request window.

Welcome back to A:M!

On 8/13/2024 at 12:29 PM, robcat2075 said:

If you didn't get the download location you can download the latest installer from this page...

https://forums.hash.com/topic/53444-v195c/#comment-432447

After you run that installer and it finishes, run A:M and it should ask you for that 16 digit code.

Of course, you will do this on the computer you intend to use A:M on.

I recommend directly copying and pasting the Code from the email into the A:M request window.

Welcome back to A:M!

Went to address and attempted to download the 32 bit file. Assuming it is the CRDOWNLOAD in Download File Folder. When I click on it, it wants a program to run it. Which should I use?

• Hash Fellow
On 8/14/2024 at 12:34 PM, novice said:

Went to address and attempted to download the 32 bit file.

First , are you really on a 32-bit computer? It would have to be ancient. However, the 32-bit version can run on a 64-bit Windows.

Assuming it is the CRDOWNLOAD in Download File Folder. When I click on it, it wants a program to run it. Which should I use?

CRDOWNLOAD? What is that? :unsure:

[UPDATE: the CRDOWNLOAD file seems to be an incomplete download on a Chrome-based browser, of which MS Edge is one. Installing and downloading in Firefox solved the problem]

After i right-click on the link in Jason's post, I choose "Save Link As"...

image.png

... then I choose a save location that will be easy to find and I take note of the file name that is being downloaded. In my case it is "AM_64Bit.exe"...

image.png

That file is my installer and that is what I will run to install A:M.

• Hash Fellow

We got the installer downloaded and ran it, but A:M itself won't run because of missing mfc100.dll

The fix for that is supposed to be running the MS Visual C++ Redistributable but that didn't help either. :(

• Hash Fellow

Steffen pointed me to an older version of the MS Visual C++ Redistributable at this address

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2010-vc-100-sp1-no-longer-supported

It is in this portion of the page, although the above link should take one to this directly.

image.png

This solved the problem of the missing dll.

Steffen tells me that the A:M installer is built to install this dll so it is uncertain why it didn't work in this case.

• robcat2075 changed the title to What next? [getting A:M installer]