sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Twisted Knickers Revue

MJL

I'm creating a new clothespin character in my Twisted Knickers series, and I'm having hair problrms. Her hair is parted in the center and hangs down mostly straight all the way around down passed her shoulders.

Here's what I'm getting:

Charity's Hair29.tif

Charity's Hair29 copy.jpg

How do I get from here to there?

Charity's Hair29.tif

Edited by robcat2075
jpg added

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

This would have been a great Q to bring to Live Answer TIme yesterday so we could discuss it in real time.

When you say "hangs down mostly straight all the way around down passed her shoulders, " does it fall behind her shoulders or in front?

The hair is kind of like this. Is there a tutorial on how to control the hair. How  make it like this?

image.jpeg

Robcat, as far as the live session goes,  we are in different Time zones, and I've been a musician for 50 years.

image.jpeg

• Hash Fellow

Ultra short version...

-Hide all but one side.

-Go to "Grooming mode",  use the "Brush Mode" tool to slightly bend the guide hairs in the direction you want the hair to to fall.

-Repeat for the other side.

There are many properties for Hair you will need to set right to get a particular look.

There is a substantial discussion of Hair  on the Tech Talks Page...

https://forums.hash.com/topic/13249-tech-talk-series/#comment-93809

Watch that and see what questions you still have.

Thanks again for your help, Rob..  I've gotten this far on the character.downladed the hair tech talk, but haven't been able to watch it yet. Got involved with expanding my Happy Birthday animation for one of our weekly fans..

image.jpeg

I watched the tech talk video. Also found an old Matt Campbell PDF tute in my files. Could you possibly zip the above project for me to download for study? That's the hair I'm after.

(Or show screen shots of the Material and emitter settings)

• Hash Fellow
35 minutes ago, MJL said:

Edit:  I gave it a quick look.  The shield: What? Why  How? Which tutorial covers it?

Ignore the "shield". There used to be more to that to try to keep the hair out of the character's eyes but it needs more R&D.

Made you look!