Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do I make a image file using Hash? is it even possible to make it?

Pizza Time

How do I make a image file using Hash? is it even possible to make it?

Below are the files I'm trying to use to make a image file with. When I screen shot the Render scene looks terrible.

any tips would be helpful!

Special thanks to Michael Brennan for helping me with the models 

Howto make inage file.jpg

Howto make inage file.png

Slippy Toad.mdl Falco Lambrade.mdl Fox MCloud.mdl Peppy Hair.mdl pose.cho rob.mdl

• Hash Fellow

First, I would not screen capture the view window for a render. If you need anti-aliasing, you want to render to file. (Are you asking how to render to a file?)

The real-time view is whatever the graphics card can throw up as fast as possible and anti-aliasing isn't the priority.

However, depending on your graphics card you may be able to have some anti-aliasing in the real-time view.

v15 had a choice of Direct3D or OpenGL for real-time. Note that to switch between D3D and OGL you need to make the choice, then close and re-open A:M.

GlobalTab.png

D3D had a multi-sampling option that could smooth edges (at the cost of slower real-time performance):
D3D samples 0.png

D3D samples 4.png

D3D samples 8.png

The "Bi-Linear Filtering" option may smooth the real-time appearance of decals.

OpenGL could do some smoothing of wireframe lines:

OpenGL AALines OFF.png

OpenGL AALines.png

Depending on your graphics card you may need to close and re-open a window or even re-start A:M for the setting change to take effect.

• clap 1

Could you rephrase your question?
"How do I make a image file using Hash? is it even possible to make it?"
Of cause it is... A:M of cause can do that, evern easier than rendering a movie file. But I am not sure if you are even asking for that.

If you are:
1.) You just click on the blue render button with the floppy disc next to it.
2.) Make sure to select "Advanced" in the next menu if it looks like in the screenshot.
3.) Select the image format you want.. BMP, JPEG, PNG, TARGA, TIF, OPENEXR, PSD are all image file formats. Use which ever you want.
4.) Hit "ok" and wait for it to finish.

screenshot_01.PNG

screenshot_02.PNG

screenshot_03.PNG

• Like 1

If you want to create a HighRes screenshot there are several possibilities:

1.) Create one just with Windows Tools with the "Snipping tool" or by pressing "Windows + Shift + S". Both will capture the currently visible screen in the resolution your screen provides at the given time.
2.) Create a Snapshot with A:M itself by clicking on the S with the floppy disc above the modelling window. It will not show you anything, but you will find a new image in the directory shown under "Tools > Options > Backup > Directory for saving Snapshots".
3.) If you want an even higher resolution picture do the same like in step 2 and press "CTRL" while hitting the S button OR right-click in a modeling window and choose "Apply Snapshot".
After that a dialog will open which allows you to create a screenshot as large as your GPU is capable of rendering by moving the slider to the right and will save it in the folder specified below that. You can select TGA, PNG, JPEG and EXR by clicking on the "browse"-button next to the folder path.

Anyway you are never going to get the same quality from "screenshots" or "snapshots" as if you render them out  because the blue final render button is what that is meant for.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

screenshot_snapshot_01.PNG

screenshot_snapshot_02.PNG

screenshot_snapshot_03.PNG

screenshot_snapshot_04.PNG

• Admin

Regarding rendering images to file, Steffen was kind enough to add a Render option to the File menu.

This is something even old time users of Animation:Master never had.

That (in theory) makes rendering images more easily discoverable than using the classic Render icon.

image.png

If we haven't saved our project, by default A:M will prompt us to save the project first and then take us to the Render options panel.

Aside:  In working with 2D folks I've noted that many simply don't have the term 'render' in their production vocabulary.

For me. prior to engaging with 3D. I guess it meant 'to tear apart' but more closely means 'to separate or refine into detailed parts' as in 'the man drew a finely rendered drawing of the barn'.  After introduction to 3D it just became the way we create images from our projects.  :)

• clap 1

On 2/20/2024 at 4:01 AM, Fuchur said:

Could you rephrase your question?
"How do I make a image file using Hash? is it even possible to make it?"
Of cause it is... A:M of cause can do that, evern easier than rendering a movie file. But I am not sure if you are even asking for that.

If you are:
1.) You just click on the blue render button with the floppy disc next to it.
2.) Make sure to select "Advanced" in the next menu if it looks like in the screenshot.
3.) Select the image format you want.. BMP, JPEG, PNG, TARGA, TIF, OPENEXR, PSD are all image file formats. Use which ever you want.
4.) Hit "ok" and wait for it to finish.

screenshot_01.PNG

screenshot_02.PNG

screenshot_03.PNG

Thanks!!!

On 2/20/2024 at 8:16 PM, Rodney said:

Regarding rendering images to file, Steffen was kind enough to add a Render option to the File menu.

This is something even old time users of Animation:Master never had.

That (in theory) makes rendering images more easily discoverable than using the classic Render icon.

image.png

If we haven't saved our project, by default A:M will prompt us to save the project first and then take us to the Render options panel.

Aside:  In working with 2D folks I've noted that many simply don't have the term 'render' in their production vocabulary.

For me. prior to engaging with 3D. I guess it meant 'to tear apart' but more closely means 'to separate or refine into detailed parts' as in 'the man drew a finely rendered drawing of the barn'.  After introduction to 3D it just became the way we create images from our projects.  :)

thanks!!!

On 2/20/2024 at 1:28 AM, robcat2075 said:

First, I would not screen capture the view window for a render. If you need anti-aliasing, you want to render to file. (Are you asking how to render to a file?)

The real-time view is whatever the graphics card can throw up as fast as possible and anti-aliasing isn't the priority.

However, depending on your graphics card you may be able to have some anti-aliasing in the real-time view.

v15 had a choice of Direct3D or OpenGL for real-time. Note that to switch between D3D and OGL you need to make the choice, then close and re-open A:M.

GlobalTab.png

D3D had a multi-sampling option that could smooth edges (at the cost of slower real-time performance):
D3D samples 0.png

D3D samples 4.png

D3D samples 8.png

The "Bi-Linear Filtering" option may smooth the real-time appearance of decals.

OpenGL could do some smoothing of wireframe lines:

OpenGL AALines OFF.png

OpenGL AALines.png

Depending on your graphics card you may need to close and re-open a window or even re-start A:M for the setting change to take effect.

thanks!!