Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

melting typography

Madfox

I have something I am exploring for a long time now and it goes back from the time I made my first animations with GoldDisk.

It is about my experiments with letters to make them appear and "melt" away in a short pose of time. It is very simple. I made a letter and then animate it in 30 frames to zero, like cream that melts away. As I did so I gathered the whole alphabeth. Later on I could import them in CorelMove4 and make little *.avi files of them. While doing so the idea rised to make a folio of text, that would rise up and disappear from the page and return another text within that time window.  

Point is.., now I have these little fractured files of all letters, I'm looking for a way to use them easy to compile a texture. I did once on a html file, but it got really troublesome to construckt them in one page, as so many different little avi files in one document becomes rather tricky. 

I have been thinking of a program to gather them all, but as far as I searched I could not find anything that could bundle them together and make them appear in one grip.

So what do I got. A lot of fractured gif files of the letters and a scribbling way for how to put them together. I can put them together in CorelMove4, but this program hasn't got the power to load more than ten or twelve actors. That is much too low for a page of text. I once tried a html file and filled it, up but then it became unstable.

Covering up this whole story and bring it down to the main question is: how can I manage to fit 56 gif files of letters into a program that is able to catch this amount to be able to fit in a text file of say 256 words?

It's a rare question, I know, but sofar I coudn't find anything. 

I also started to animate them in Animation Master, but this is a total other way around.

Agroot.gif

aklein.gif

• Hash Fellow

Those letters look great!

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

A compositing program like After Effects can arrange a large number of clips on the screen at once... but you still have to render that out to a new movie.

You want this to be a live effect with no pre-rendering?

• Admin

That's very cool @Madfox

There are a number of different approaches you might take... one of which I think might be to use Animation:Master's lipsyncing tools... but... woowee... its been awhile since I played with those.  A problem here might be the limited number of phonemes available to the lipsyncing tools.

Hmmm... 

Have to think abou this one but if you have all of the animations for each letter contained in one output file (AVI) then you could also find a way to dial in specific frames of that animation.  How to do that in time and space across wordings... a bit more difficult.

If I were to do this in another program such as Opentoonz I might assign each letter as it's own 'level' (separate sequence or file) and then expose those directly via typing in as exposures.

Your AVI as a GIF animation for those interested:

customtext.gif

Thanks for your answer, Rodney Robcat.

while I was doing so it came to me as a rare question. I left this part behind a long time ago, and now I even had the toughest job to find it back.

My solution was very simple in time ( .., uhh 1999). I used the SiteAid webmaker. This program can add a lot of gif files in a row, so the html file just spits out the txt like butter. As time is long gone I hadn't the slightest idea this programm (cirrus 486) still would work under win11. But it does !!!

That's also the solution for this rare question (oh me 0h my). Just astonished, as loads of programs just won't agree the WindowsDefender or Moderator to be launched on a 64 bit OS. There will be programs that can handle these odities more efficiently, but something in me says I just keep hanging on to old habbits.
🥰

thankyou.gif

• Like 1