Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ashamed about my nodes....

svetlik

Does Netrender get angry when you have it running and minimize it or switch the monitor to watch cable? It was running fine on the desktop and I switched the monitor to cable and when I came back all the nodes were offline and the messengers disconnected. After much vulgarities I found there was AM running in the Task Manager, even after I had shut Netrender off and once I ended the task I was able to use Netrender again.

So, that's my question-can you NOT minimize Netrender or switch your monitor to something else whilst it's running er whut????

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Putting NetRender in the background shouldn't be a problem.

The nodes probably just gave up on their own. That is a problem I have reported as bug and should be fixed in v19.5 (coming soon)

If your nodes give up, save your "pool" then restart, run NetRender and load that pool again. The Pool saves how knows whatframes are completed so you don't have to re render them

• 5 weeks later...

Any reason written in the log why? You can set different limits of how often they will try or how many errors are allowed till the "give up" in the settings.
That helps only with temporay network problems, etc. but sometimes increasing the value can help.

Best regards
*Fuchur*