Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

- frames.

Madfox

While animating a pose it often happens I think I am on the start of an animation, but I end up in the min frames.

I often wondered why there have to be min frames? It seemed odd and hillarious.

Then I started with dynamic constraints and felt it could help the dragging of the dynamic constrains to obtain their weight before the animation starts.

Seeing a model, that catches up the sim_cloth around the model as clothes before the start point , made me wonder how to get those parameters right.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

One reason for negative frame is that Pose sliders can be set not just to go from 0 to 100 but from any number to any number including negatives.

You might have a Frown-Smile slider that puts the frown at -100, the default at 0 and the smile at +100. Internally, A:M treats this data-over-a-percentage range like keyframes-over-time and it is probably simpler to just allow negative numbers for this.

For things like cloth and dynamic simulations i find it easiest to just provision an extra second or two at the start of the chor before the character gets to his first pose. That is usually enough time for things to settle and for the character to morph from his T pose to his real first pose.

If I forgot to include those first couple of seconds I can bounding-box grab all my key frames in the chor and slide them down. Note that ON/OFF keyframes seem not to obey group selections. You will need to reposition each of those individually.

• 3 weeks later...

After setting my "fall off" period of a sim_cloth before the null pointer, or just a start pose, all changes go undone when reaching the null point at the start of the animation.

How can I avoid this?

• Hash Fellow
10 hours ago, Madfox said:

After setting my "fall off" period of a sim_cloth before the null pointer, or just a start pose, all changes go undone when reaching the null point at the start of the animation.

How can I avoid this?

If "Null point" means time 0:00... don't animate before that.

if your cloth needs 1 second to settle, start the settle time at 0:00 and begin your real animation at 1:00