Hash, Inc. Forums

Dragging an action file onto a model

Pitcher

Today is the first day that I have tried in Version 19 to drag an action file shortcut onto a model. I have the action file. I have a shortcut in the library. I have the library on the monitor just below the Properties. When I click to drag the shortcut over the model, there is a very small icon that begins over the Project Work Space separately from the mouse arrow, but will not go over the highlighted model that I want to apply it to.  The model does not have the unpickable sign on it. The arrow goes entirely off the monitor and the shortcut is not even on the middle of the screen. Also, sometimes I get an error message that says "Encountered an Improper Argument ". How do I fix this issue?

I've already tried using the backup copy of the choreography file with the same results. I also tried importing the choreography file into a new choreography file, but had the same results.

I use Windows 10.

• Hash Fellow

The action is a file on your hard drive somewhere, just like a .mdl or .prj  is.

RMB on your Actions folder, choose import and navigate to where ever the Action  (.act) is saved and load it.

Then you should be able to drag it from the Actions folder onto the model in the Choreography.

I highlighted the model that I wanted to import the action for. I right clicked on the highlight. A choice to import an action was there. I navigated to the action file and clicked. The action was imported, and the model changed. Thanks! I had always done this through the library like it shows in the book. This way seems to take out the middle man. I appreciate your patience.