Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Adding action objects with multiple actions

R Reynolds

I'm attempting to add parts to  a model in a choreography using multiple actions, each action containing many action objects. When I add the first action, all the objects within it appear in the chor. But if I add another action, the previous one disappears. I read the manual about action objects and assumed the problem was related to "Hold last frame", "Transition to next action" and "Blend method". I thought the best combination was ON, ON & ADD. However I can only see one of the actions if the "Hold last frame" of the other is turned OFF. 

What am I missing?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your efforts Robert. I don't think I had ever used that frame block view of a chor.

After watching your experimentation I decided to start from scratch to see if I could reproduce it using a new project, chor and just the tree trunk and branch model ... and I couldn't … still had the same problem. After playing around fruitlessly with the various parameters you suggested I wondered whether my problem was related to the fact that I was using the same model as an action object in both actions. And sure enough when I made the second action with a renamed copy of the branch model, everything worked as you had shown and as I had expected in the first place. So I'll have to re-think my plan to populate a distant tree with only one branch model.

Thanks again.