• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

H,264 is a going codec these days.

I (just now) downloaded and used Handbrake to convert your AVI to that codec and then it even played in Quicktime.

If you use Handbrake note that when I first tried to get it to see the AVI file it seemed like that format wasn't recognized. I used * to see it in the open dialogue and then it converted it fine.

I haven't used the feature but it appears that Handbrake can monitor a folder and convert files that appear therein on the fly.

It may just be wish fulfillment on my part but theoretically that'd mean that we'd render (in AVI) to a folder monitored by Handbrake and automagically get the converted (MP4) file.

I see there is a command line version of Handbrake also and that could be automated via batch file.

Bottom line: I know that short of using the 32bit version of A:M to render/convert to .MOV we don't have a lot of native options at this point but AVI isn't a particularly good online format. Don't forget that you can run 32bit A:M in 64bit Windows (Win 10 or otherwise).