sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to prevent Windows 10 upgrade

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Some users finding they are given no choice by Windows update...

Preventing Windows 10 Upgrades from Windows Update with GWX Control Panel

My AfterEffects is not compatible with Windows 10 so I don't want the upgrade.

update: MS claims the involutary upgrades were a mistake...

Microsoft is sorry it forced that Windows 10 update down your throat

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

It sounds like you may need to put a plan in place that would maintain your current system for use with After Effects while gaining another system to charge ahead full speed.

I hear things like that work well.

I often wish I could have a dedicated system just for A:M... or older versions of A:M... or just for After Effects CC... or just for Fusion... or for web surfing... or file management... or as a server... or this... or just for that... but it seems like every time I get ahead computer-wise my other system(s) begin to fail. ;)

Computers are cheap enough these days that I should look at such an option again. I do have a couple older systems I've been meaning to move to Linux but really haven't had time or longer term interest in playing.

• Admin

Values can be hard to evaluate.

Link: Most valuable pennies.

Aside: That site has some nice decals for money!

From Time article:

The 1943 copper-alloy cent is one of the most enigmatic coins in American numismatics — and reportedly the most valuable Lincoln penny of all. Just 40 of the coins — probably created by accident, on copper-alloy one-cent blanks left in the presses in the wartime years when pennies were converted to steel — are known to exist. The first 1943 copper cent was sold in 1958 for more than $40,000. In 1996, another went for a whopping $82,500. But those sales pale in comparison with the latest: ...a dealer in New Jersey sold his 1943 penny for a staggering $1.7 million.

It's unknown to me why the penny mentioned in the TIme article isn't listed in the list of most valuable pennies (linked to above).

Actually it's listed (as number 2) just not with the most recently stated $1.7M sale... conjucture: the listing must predate the latest sale.

In the meantime, we'll just have to wait for the penny to drop.

most_valuable.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I know After Effect inside and out much like I know A:M.

The other alternatives one might use if my v5 After Effects went away are either too expensive (including New After Effects) or inadequate replacements for what i need to do (that includes New After Effects because it can't load my v5 AE projects.)

It's a simple practical choice for me to keep Windows 7 so i can keep After Effects.