sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2D printers

Simon Edmondson

Haven't had a 2D printer since my last one dried up through under use. It may be time to replace it. Can anyone suggest a suitable candidate.

What I am most interested in is one with print cartridges that can be replenished rather than replaced. The majority of the work will be in BW rather than colour so a larger black reservoir would be good too?

cheers

simon

I agree with Gerald. However color Laser printers have come a long way in quality, and the price has dropped considerably here in US, don't know about England, Europe as to availability and prices. The cartridges last a long time and don't dry up from under use. And you might be able to order cartridges online?

Check out any of the HP color lasers to see if they are in your price range, if not - go Black only, even cheaper!

Nancy

Thanks for the tip. Just had a quick look. They don't seem too expensive, about $350 from HP direct but will look elsewhere too. The inkjet ones are virtually given away because the ink supplies are so expensive.

There was a documentary I watched a few monthsback about in built obsolesence where they explained that a lot of printers have an inbuilt limit, which can be extended for a much longer life without need for replacement. I may use the college service in the short run as the fridge is trying to give up the ghost this evening. Hey ho...

regards

simon

William.

Thank you for the tip. I suspect you use your printer a lot more frequently than I would. What size does it print up to?

I'm looking for A4 ( 21 x 29cm ) but, if the price was right, and the fridge allows, might be interested in Larger.

regards

simon

Robert.

My last printer was on offer from Apple when I bought the Imac, it scanned, copied and printed and worked out about £30, $50,

regard

simon

Just looked at some HP printers here. One came in at £145 but, looking at the detail, replacement cartridges were £340...