sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Raspberry Pi2

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever get anything running on the last pi?

Robert

A friend who lives in Oregon sent me this yesterday

"Very good news. It's great that the developers are improving the product.

If they didn't, it would fall into disuse rather rapidly.

Mine has been running continuously for 101 days babysitting the RFID

lock on my shop door.

One of the best things about the Pi is the large, helpful user community.

The news about Microsoft is surprising - maybe they are worried about losing

the next generation to Linux."

My elder brother and my brother in law are both using them for their own projects as well.

Its all over my head,

regards

simon

• *A:M User*

I have 2 myself and keep meaning to set up some sort of home security system but haven't managed to hack the protocols that the (now defunct) security system I bought several years ago uses. They used to charge $10 a month or something to provide a monitoring service that would send you a text message if a door was opened or motion was detected. That's more or less a yes/no condition so it seems like it would be a fairly simple thing to monitor a voltage drop or wireless signal and then have a script run that would send an SMS to your mobile device. In theory I have an idea of how to do it, in practice, not so much.

You might be able to run AM v5 on an emulated copy of Win 95, say in Virtual Box. I'm not sure how well that would work, though.

They really are nifty little things but definitely require you to have some extra bits laying around (wall warts to power them, SD cards for the OS, etc etc).

The Raspberry Pi 2 looks really promising with 4 cores and a full 1 GB of RAM. Who ever thought you'd be able to pick up that much computing power for less than $50? Strange times we live in. Shame nothing else goes down in cost that much.