Hash, Inc. Forums

Exercise 10: Thomas Morse S4C

Rodney

• Admin

Everyone is welcome to join in and post TaoA:M related works, give advice and generally explore what is here to be explored.

Here's a quick modeling of a Thomas Morse S4C airplane. No frills, low patch count and no decaling...something to keep the modeling skills from wasting away and atrophying.

I did grab a random blueprint from the internet to get the basic shape of the aircraft... I didn't know it was going to be a Thomas Morse S4C until I grabbed the blueprint.

I didn't find a blueprint with sufficient detail to go into much beyond the basic shape and then threw in a few other minor details where I thought some were lacking.

For instance, I modeled a very primitive shape to account for a spinning propeller rather than model the props individually to get a look of the plane/props being in motion without having to be animated.

One of these days I do want to try to follow Stian, Marcos and many of the more patient modelers example of working all the way through a highly detailed model.

I'm sure the high level of detail is what makes it fun for them.

The exercises in TaoA:M are but a starting point. Wherever possible, explore beyond the original exercises in TaoA:M and create your own worlds!

And... especially wherever those efforts relate to TaoA:M you are encouraged to post those in the TaoA:M forum!

ThomasMorseS4C.mdl

ThomasMorseS4C 000.png

flyforfree.jpg

• Admin

"Who is Thomas Morse???" i wondered as clickd on this thread.

It's actually several more than one person. ;)

It apparently started with the Thomas brothers who later merged with the Morse Chain Company (headed by Frank Morse).

I didn't know this until Robert asked and I read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Morse_Aircraft

The part I'm pretty sure they left out of the wikipedia entry was that all three of these industrious gentlemen wanted to be animators but animation hadn't been invented yet when they were first starting out.