Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V18 Properties value glitch

Working away today on the Ghosts idea I keep getting a recurring problem with the values settings for a chor.

Working in V18B

When the chor was set up initially it had an image sequence 00:19:20 frames long. The chor defaulted to that value and was saved as such.

Further along, the image sequence has been deleted from the project, the chor resaved as something else and, no matter how many times I reset the length to 00:05:00 and save it afresh, when reloaded it has defaulted back to 00:19:20.

It has happened about 10-15 times today. I'm getting close to ranting !!!

I've got used to the fps defaulting to 30 and the rotate to 5 but the changes in the render panel ( I've mentioned before ) are not very friendly either.

basically,

If you open the render to file options,

set the values you want,

click apply,

then try to exit the panel...

The only way to do so is to start a render.

Which you then have to cancel.

That seems entirely counter intuitive. Or is that just me >

feeling rather grumpy.

Apologies for that.

simon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use to click Shortcut to camera -> actions -> choreography action

and then in the properties open up Chor Range

and here set the numbers for Start and End to indicate length in frames of the chor.

For me this saves with the file.

But I am not quite sure if this only works when a rendering allready has been made...

• Hash Fellow

What was the image sequence on in the Chor?

set the values you want,

click apply,

Is this the Mac thing where you should send the program to the background then bring it back?

Working away today on the Ghosts idea I keep getting a recurring problem with the values settings for a chor.

Working in V18B

When the chor was set up initially it had an image sequence 00:19:20 frames long. The chor defaulted to that value and was saved as such.

Further along, the image sequence has been deleted from the project, the chor resaved as something else and, no matter how many times I reset the length to 00:05:00 and save it afresh, when reloaded it has defaulted back to 00:19:20.

It has happened about 10-15 times today. I'm getting close to ranting !!!

I've got used to the fps defaulting to 30 and the rotate to 5 but the changes in the render panel ( I've mentioned before ) are not very friendly either.

basically,

set the values you want,

click apply,

That seems entirely counter intuitive. Or is that just me >

feeling rather grumpy.

Apologies for that.

simon

Hi Simon,

Looks like you'r having several issues there.

Chor Range:

If you could post an example project with the exact steps you made leading up to the problem that might be helpful.

FPS & Rotate (snap angle?):

As I said in my post the other day, I've not had much time for using A:M lately but setting and keeping default project FPS and rotate snap angles have not been an issue I ever had. My only suggestion here might be to make sure the read/write permissions for the A:M folder itself are all set to Read&Write. I found that an issue some time back if I recall, around v16 ?

Render To File Options Window:

This I take to be the window that opens after clicking the 'Render To File' button in the toolbar, yes?

To exit the panel after making the changes you want, click 'Apply' as you have been doing to save your changes and then click 'Cancel' to close the window. Yes I know, what the…?!

This dose work and your settings will be saved. But I grant you it is very counter intuitive having to hit the Cancel button.

Hi Simon,

Looks like you'r having several issues there.

Chor Range:

If you could post an example project with the exact steps you made leading up to the problem that might be helpful.

FPS & Rotate (snap angle?):

As I said in my post the other day, I've not had much time for using A:M lately but setting and keeping default project FPS and rotate snap angles have not been an issue I ever had. My only suggestion here might be to make sure the read/write permissions for the A:M folder itself are all set to Read&Write. I found that an issue some time back if I recall, around v16 ?

Render To File Options Window:

This I take to be the window that opens after clicking the 'Render To File' button in the toolbar, yes?

To exit the panel after making the changes you want, click 'Apply' as you have been doing to save your changes and then click 'Cancel' to close the window. Yes I know, what the…?!

This dose work and your settings will be saved. But I grant you it is very counter intuitive having to hit the Cancel button.

Mark

Thank you for you reply and help.

Where do I find the read/write permissions you mention. The only one I could see is when you "get into" on the AM.app icon ?

You are right about it being counterintuitive ! I'll try that later. Not sure if I can post the 'offending' chorbecause of all the image files but will have a look when the current render goes through.

regards

simon

What was the image sequence on in the Chor?

set the values you want,

click apply,

Is this the Mac thing where you should send the program to the background then bring it back?

Robert

Thank you for your reply and help.

The image sequence was the files used for the time lapse, initially there were 500 frames but, for the file using Ken's B24, I only used 125 frames ( @25fps ).

It doesn't appear to be the Mac bug you mention as I tried that to no effect. Mark has suggested another method and I will try that when the current render goes through.

regards

simon

I use to click Shortcut to camera -> actions -> choreography action

and then in the properties open up Chor Range

and here set the numbers for Start and End to indicate length in frames of the chor.

For me this saves with the file.

But I am not quite sure if this only works when a rendering allready has been made...

Tore

Thank you. I will try that too.

regards

simon

Mark

Thank you for you reply and help.

Where do I find the read/write permissions you mention. The only one I could see is when you "get into" on the AM.app icon ?

You are right about it being counterintuitive ! I'll try that later. Not sure if I can post the 'offending' chorbecause of all the image files but will have a look when the current render goes through.

regards

simon

Let me say again this might not be the cause of the problem for you but its the only thing I can think of right now. As I say it was in issue for me some years back with the permissions for the actual Animation Master folder, in Applications, that contains A:M and it's related files.

After opening the Info window, look under 'Sharing & Permissions' at the bottom of the window, they should all show as 'Read & Write'

If you need to change any of the Privileges in the left hand column, first click the padlock icon to unlock the window, it will ask for your user/admin password. Now you can click on the privilege you need to alter to get a short list of alternatives and choose 'Read & Write'. Click on the padlock again when your done.

Screen_Shot_2014_06_29_at_12.49.20.png

All objects in the chor have a chor range, which may have taken on the range of the image sequence, so you need to reset their range. Luckily Steffen added a chor property to "Shrink Length" to set the chor range to the last keyframed object in the chor.

Not sure how to do it on a mac, but if you right click on the chor in the PWS, you can choose to "Shrink Length" of the chor, on a pc.