sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Handles on f-curve points?

nemyax

Is there a way to control the Bezier handles (or bias handles if you like) in the timeline's f-curve mode? Here's a picture of what I mean—see the point on frame 19:

70344861b0c462bbd523b102b3d3d881.png

I wasn't able to find anything on the topic in TAOAM.pdf. And if A:M doesn't let you do that, how do you ease in and out?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a way to control the Bezier handles (or bias handles if you like) in the timeline's f-curve mode? Here's a picture of what I mean—see the point on frame 19:

70344861b0c462bbd523b102b3d3d881.png

I wasn't able to find anything on the topic in TAOAM.pdf. And if A:M doesn't let you do that, how do you ease in and out?

It is rare for me to be able to answer a technical question but in this case, thats what I'm currently doing. They are in the modeling panel on the top of the screen.

regards

simon

bias_Handles.jpg

on't know which version you are using ( ?) but it has worked in all the versions I've tried. Presently working in V17. Don't wish to sound patronising but, are you selecting the point you want to edit and, are you opening up the option in the the PWS

You can select individual values or have all those associated with that keyed item, in tis case the foot controller...

regards

simonScreen_shot_2014_06_27_at_13.56.07.png

PS

I usually edit in the PWS but, just tried the timeline with this result.

The bias handles showed and worked ?

Screen_shot_2014_06_27_at_14.10.39.png

• Hash Fellow

The bias handles should be visible on a selected CP when "Show bias handles" is on, just as in the modeling window.

If all else fails, do Help>Reset Settings and restart and see if that fixes the button.

To me, the f-curve editor is quite sound. I'm seeing a couple of quirks, but they're nothing to complain about. The code is probably shared between the geometry splines and the f-curves, so the f-curve behaviour is consistent.

NemYax, out of curiosity- what program was that screen grab from?

The 'P' Rob mentions is short for 'Peak'.

A:M's keyframe-channel-timeline editor leaves little to be desired, everything seems to be there and easily worked and found... my problem is that it has 'spoiled me', I try animating in C4D and want to throw the computer thru a window!

what program was that screen grab from?

Oi! I hear software comparisons are anathema on this forum! =)

That's Blender. Its f-curve editor and dope sheet (not in the A:M sense) have grown to be amazingly neat tools over the years. But the most feature-rich f-curve editor I've seen is in Houdini.

• Admin
Oi! I hear software comparisons are anathema on this forum! =)

Intelligent people can and have had very deep discussions that delve into other software but one of the reasons competitor comparisons are prohibited is that other programs tend to have huge budgets that speak for themselves and throngs of attendants all too eager to present one sided comparisons that have no place here. A topic might start out with good intention but inevitably degrade into mush when someone seeing opportunity to air a petty grievance, plugs their favorite competitor or spreads misinformation all while simultaneously deriding A:M and/or those who programmed it. In the end an entire topic is closed due to the inherent negativity in software comparisons. To make matters worse, the bad blood often generated by personal attacks etc. in such topics suggests it would have been better not to start the topic in the first place.

If folks could learn to focus on the positive and how various software can more seamlessly work together you might be surprised what would float to the top in the A:M Forum.

Hopefully this helps to demonstrate how a proper approach can avoid the pitfalls (and therefore the forum prohibition) of software comparisons.

We must assume that making the most of Animation:Master is the reason we all are here. :)

Rodney

I can understand that. It's one of those cans of worms, like politics or religion or the dog person/cat person dichotomy. Better left alone. Especially seeing as people can discuss their software experiences via private messaging. I know I'd be happy to.