Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Server Move Date!

Ok starting Monday June 30th 2014 12:01am Hash servers will be coming down for a planned outage of about 12-18 hours something will stay down longer. Like stills(it's going to take a bit longer then thought to get 100% working but only groups are broke now)

The return order is Activation > Store > Forums(because it's a lot of work) stills then i go to sleep.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that this (Jason's recovery) may push the judging of the Sci Fi contest back a few days but the deadline of 6 July still remains the same.

So... get those Sci Fi entries in early if you can. ;)

all testing is done so I have a small break now till the move. But I hope to get the voting up Monday the 7th early and let voting run 2 weeks

• Admin
So is the forum going to look like it does now or is it still going to be a huge change?

Still?

If it doesn't look like it does now we can make it look that way, assuming we want such a thing.

As for me, I won't know what needs to be tweaked until after the server change is made.

• Admin
Do all our post counters get reset to zero?

Only yours but yours was about to flip over to zero anyway. :P

Er... actually, I do not know.

But attacking this logically...

The good news is that as long as all the posts from the forum transfer over to the new server everyone's count should remain the same (i.e. accurately reflect the number of posts).

The bad news being that the good news is contingent on all of the posts transferring over.

Curious... does the server move do anything to the TWO and SO repositories? Will they still be there?

This server move did not effect any of the TWO or SO data they are housed somewhere else. They are still live

http://project.hash.com/movie/svn/active

http://project.hash.com/movie/so/active/data

the old ports work too I think 8008 and 8080.

the only thing lost in that is the commit passwords It was a bad system and I'm working on a new on the use something better mysql but i have not really had the time but I need to write it for something else I'm working on so when done I will move to hash svn too. If someone needs to commit for some reason email support@hash.com and we can set that up.

The post count and all that stays but if you want to start over I can set it to 0 haha.

• Admin

Jason,

I'm noticing some admin permission issues (i.e. can't see all of the forums).

This shouldn't be an issue for you as you are likely operating at the root but want you to be aware just in case that matters.

For what it's worth I can see more forums via the new forum/server so additional permissiond must be granted there.

As no one else has complained, this may not be effecting anyone else.

Jason,

I'm noticing some admin permission issues (i.e. can't see all of the forums).

This shouldn't be an issue for you as you are likely operating at the root but want you to be aware just in case that matters.

For what it's worth I can see more forums via the new forum/server so additional permissiond must be granted there.

As no one else has complained, this may not be effecting anyone else.

I will reread on that on the move but I think the new forums does not use the same admin groups as before. So I think I have to reassign them.

• Hash Fellow

Will we still have the ability to "Manage Your Attachments", which lists all your past attachments and the post they are in?

That was how I was able to compile my page of my tutorials. If that is going away I'm not sure how I will finish that.

Will we still have the ability to "Manage Your Attachments", which lists all your past attachments and the post they are in?

That was how I was able to compile my page of my tutorials. If that is going away I'm not sure how I will finish that.

yes it under My Settings