sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Augmented reality

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One could do that with A:M!

Wha? How? (you mean using some layering?)

I can't figure out how he did those with the iphone (seeing that I don't have one). I know he drew the cells by hand, but matching them up with background (and previous cell) and also hand holding in front of camera looks tricky, fiddly to me, and also requiring some planning

Does iphone have an app(s) for superimposing frames? "onion skinning?"

Very cute, creative, impressive.

• Hash Fellow
I can't figure out how he did those with the iphone (seeing that I don't have one). I know he drew the cells by hand, but matching them up with background (and previous cell) and also hand holding in front of camera looks tricky, fiddly to me, and also requiring some planning

Does iphone have an app(s) for superimposing frames? "onion skinning?"

Presuming he really did it "n the camera" I'd say he has the camera on a tripod and lets it run while he holds the cels up in front of it. He probably has noted some background detail in each shot that he uses to align the cels to as he holds them up. Then he takes the video file home and edits out all the switching stuff and leaves just the frames he wants. Or maybe there is an iPhone app that lets him shoot single frames in the field.

Maybe he shot a pic of the scene the day before to take home and use as reference for drawing the cels?

The ones with live action like the plane suggests a somewhat less spontaneous process with more pre and post work, however. One does not see a plane coming and draw, ink and paint animation cels in a few seconds before it's gone. :blink:

One could do that with A:M!

Wha? How? (you mean using some layering?)

Shoot some video for a background rotoscope and put good ol' A:M models and animation in front of it.