sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Aardman butter commercial

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'm sure this is old news for you in the UK but I'm just now finding out about the Lurpak butter commercials via the trombone forum becaue of this one...

9rmhJfuY48Y

The female voice is Penelope Keith of Britcom "Good Neighbors" and "To the Manor Born" fame

A trombone teacher writes:

A few years ago, shortly after the "Lurpak" ad was on UK tv, I was teaching a young boy to play the trombone and one day he brought this small trombone in his case. It turned out that his dad was the model maker who made the trombone for "Douglas" and this was the trombone on the ad. So Raths weren't the first British hand made custom trombones.

I suspect that Douglas was made by the Aardman Animation group who went on to make "Wallace and Gromit" and "Chicken Run". They are based in Bristol which is only about 40 miles from me.

Cheers

Stewbones

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this is old news for you in the UK but I'm just now finding out about the Lurpak butter commercials via the trombone forum becaue of this one...

9rmhJfuY48Y

The female voice is Penelope Keith of Britcom "Good Neighbors" and "To the Manor Born" fame

A trombone teacher writes:

A few years ago, shortly after the "Lurpak" ad was on UK tv, I was teaching a young boy to play the trombone and one day he brought this small trombone in his case. It turned out that his dad was the model maker who made the trombone for "Douglas" and this was the trombone on the ad. So Raths weren't the first British hand made custom trombones.

I suspect that Douglas was made by the Aardman Animation group who went on to make "Wallace and Gromit" and "Chicken Run". They are based in Bristol which is only about 40 miles from me.

Robert

I have seen the ads many times but didn't know it was Penelope Keith doing the voice.

To digress for a moment, have you ever seen and heard the Pib and Pog shorts on the Aardman site ? The woman who does the voice for that is just perfect.

To return to the subject of Trombones. There was a very good TV show presented by either Winton or Bradford Marcellus ( sp ?) a few years back were he gave a guide to how the different instruments were used and played in Jazz and Swing bands. It was aimed at youngsters rather than musicians like yourself but may be of interest. I was fascinated but I'm lost on things without strings. Tried alto sax for a bit but lost a lot of lung power and balance with the accident. Still love the music though.

regards

simon

Cheers

Stewbones

• Hash Fellow
Robert

I have seen the ads many times but didn't know it was Penelope Keith doing the voice.

To digress for a moment, have you ever seen and heard the Pib and Pog shorts on the Aardman site ? The woman who does the voice for that is just perfect.

I have seen those and found them quite amusing. Wikipedia says Joanna Wake was the voice for those.

• Hash Fellow
Interesting, the show you know as "Good Neighbors" in the US was originally screened in the UK as "The Good Life" and the reruns are still popular.

Wonder why they change the names of shows?

It seems there was an American series called "The Good Life". I dimly remember it starring Larry Hagman.

He and his wife pretending to be servants for a rich family. All I recall is some altercation involving an automatic garage door opener (something only rich people had then).