Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Renewal of AM Web version?

Tom

Hello-

I have been using Windows XP for years and because Microsoft is abandoning support for Windows XP I am about to upgrade to Windows 7.

My AM web subscription is due in 4 days and I won't get the new Windows 7 in place for another 10 days to two weeks.

If I renew AM and am sent a subscription code to be used to activate the new yearly license, will I need a new code when I upgrade the OS

a few days later?

I have been using AM everyday so I don't want to have a lag in service.

Will the new bought subscription number work with both the old and the new Operating Systems?

Or will Jason or Heath need to send me a follow up code?

Any info is welcome..

Thanks!

Tom

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

If you do an in-place upgrade of the OS without wiping the system, I don't think you will need a new license/code, it should just transfer over.

Even if you were to wipe the system completely, if you backup your AM license key you should be able to copy it back later.

• Hash Fellow

I think changing to a new OS will be a problem.

It probably won't take any longer to wait for your new OS than to get the new key issued by Hash, so I say make thing simple... resubscribe after you have your new OS in place.

If you do an in-place upgrade of the OS without wiping the system, I don't think you will need a new license/code, it should just transfer over.

Even if you were to wipe the system completely, if you backup your AM license key you should be able to copy it back later.

Thanks..I tried the link you had for "license key" and it sent me to a carpet store(?)

Is there another link that could explain how to try reusing the license key?

Thanks!

Tom

I think changing to a new OS will be a problem.

It probably won't take any longer to wait for your new OS than to get the new key issued by Hash, so I say make thing simple... resubscribe after you have your new OS in place.

Thanks Rob!

There might be over a week between switching my old OS to the new OD on my four computers and I am sorta working on something right now in AM.

So I'm trying to figure this out with the minimum of inconvenience.

Thanks for your suggestion...

Tom

It is very unlikely that you will be able to use the same lic-file for both. You will have to ask Jason to move the licence after that. But that may take a few days when you ask for it.

You could of course use the trial-version till you got win7 on the system and activate A:M permanently on that after that. It should give you the time to set up win7 and work till then with A:M.

See you

*Fuchur*

It is very unlikely that you will be able to use the same lic-file for both. You will have to ask Jason to move the licence after that. But that may take a few days when you ask for it.

You could of course use the trial-version till you got win7 on the system and activate A:M permanently on that after that. It should give you the time to set up win7 and work till than with A:M.

See you

*Fuchur*

Thank you for the reply...good advice!

Tom