Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New projects

Gerry

In addition to the Christmas animation I have a couple of projects going on, however I'm not planning on any cg animation for them so here I am in "Off Topic"!

I've written a song inspired by my wife Vicki, called "Sexy Texie". I've been struggling to record it (not my area of expertise by any means) and once that's done I'm planningto animate it in a limited 2D animation style, that I *think* will be some sort of SquiggleVision (for those who are familiar with "Dr. Katz" of a few years back) because getting as low-tech as I possibly can really appeals to me right now. I'm talking pencil and paper, people! I'll then attempt to get it into some film festivals.

Second, I'm planning to pitch another show to the broadcasters I met last Feb. at the Kidscreen conference where I pitched "Nightcallers". I learned a ton, met a lot of people, and came home inspired to go through all my other projects to see what would be better suited for this market. The project is called "Sillyness Valley" and is about a nine year old girl and her cat Humphrey, who have a secret that must be kept from her nosy little brother at all costs. On this one I'm only doing a bible and character designs, no animation planned as of this writing.

So I'm managing to keep busy, but unfortunately less and less AM except for the Christmas animation.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Don't forget there is a vast open frontier to explore called 'Open Forum'.

While subjects should be in some way related to A:M the fact that you are an artist/animator who routinely uses A:M certainly relates any projects you put forth.

So, please consider using the Open Forum.

Think bigger and bolder. :)

Aside: You'll think this odd but... you are getting use to me by now... the 'ness' part of your proposed title seems awkward.

'Silly Valley' would be simpler but I suppose that might also be seen by some as a reference to 'Silicon Valley'.

All of this isn't so much a suggestion as much as an observation. I really can't say why that 'ness' part seems out of place to me. It just is.

Perhaps it just doesn't roll smoothly off the tongue? I suppose I'd have to know more about the story and target audience to speculate further.

The prime consideration is that the 'branding' work. As it takes off that title/brand will be imprinted on all manner of media as well as novels, coloring books, tshirts, toothbrushes, bandanas, etc. As such that title is rather important.

Now you've got me wondering what that little girls secret is...

Rock on Gerry!

• Admin
And trust me, it's Sillyness Valley. I know, I've been there.

I trust you explicitly.

I do wonder how often you want to respond to such queries as: "You do know you've misspelled 'silliness'? Right?"

To which I would expect you to respond in those self-same (although by then hopefully trademarked) words, "Trust me, it's 'Sillyness' valley. I know, I've been there."

I'm past the title though. I wanna see character sketches. :)