sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation on the go?

Roger

• *A:M User*

So things have changed in my neck of the woods and parking costs are really starting to bite into my income, even with the reduced amount that I actually have to be at the office.

I've been thinking about taking the train but that adds at least an 1 to 1.5 hours to my commute. It would be nice to be able to do something animation or art related with that time instead of reading, sleeping, or playing around with my phone.

Is there any viability to running AM on a windows virtual machine on a high-end Android tablet? Something with a Tegra 3 or 4 maybe?

I would just use my laptop, but without a tray table or something to put it on (not available on the train I ride) I'm worried I'll bake my lap. Not to mention, a 2 pound tablet that lasts all day on a charge is a lot easier to haul around with you.

My concern is that even if I can get AM running under a virtual machine, it is going to be unuseable without keyboard and mouse so maybe

a laptop is better.

While I love my laptop to death, once you add on the extended battery or charger it is a real bear to haul around.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

This isn't what you are after... I don't know the answer to that... but I'll off this:

For the mobile commuter I recommend a sketchbook (with accompanying pencil or pen).

You'll be amazed with the amount of ideas that will transfer from that sketchbook into A:M later.

There is another aspect to this suggestion and it is that unplugging from computers/electronic devices from time to time is a very good thing.

Exercising different skillsets will refresh and heighten creativity.

The real benefit: Once you get back to your computer you'll have a concrete plan to follow when using A:M.

• 2 weeks later...
A:M is not ready to go mouseless an keyboardless yet and I am doubtful it would run adequately on an android tablet anyway.

... would be hard to do since it is not even written in Java...

Windows Surface Pro could run it but i still do not see the advantage that would give u. Mouse and keyboard are faster and more precise in close to everything...

See u

*Fuchur*

This isn't what you are after... I don't know the answer to that... but I'll off this:

For the mobile commuter I recommend a sketchbook (with accompanying pencil or pen).

You'll be amazed with the amount of ideas that will transfer from that sketchbook into A:M later.

There is another aspect to this suggestion and it is that unplugging from computers/electronic devices from time to time is a very good thing.

Exercising different skillsets will refresh and heighten creativity.

The real benefit: Once you get back to your computer you'll have a concrete plan to follow when using A:M.

Great suggestion!!! :yay: