sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bitcoin?

Roger

• *A:M User*

I have to admit, I just don't see what all the hype about bitcoin is? If you had put together a PC specifically for mining them and then sat on them for the last several years, you might potentially have a lot of money (assuming you didn't get your bitcoin wallet hacked).

Now there are several companies selling bitcoing mining rigs that are *only* good for mining bitcoins. So if you spend a lot of money on one of these miners if bitcoins ever become worthless then you essentially have a useless hunk of hardware you can't do anything else with.

I think the only people getting rich off bitcoins are the ones selling this gear or the person(s) that created this "currency", everyone else is chasing a dream of easy money. It all seems like a bubble to me, like the housing bubble or dotcom stock market craze.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*
im sorry but im completely lost on this topic. so someone created a new virtual currency and people are paying upwards of $120 for 1 bitcoin? what???

my brain just exploded.

More or less, yes. I guess it has been around since late 2008, but I don't remember hearing about it until 2010 maybe?

I guess if I had been running my dual-core AMD box 24/7 hashing bitcoins and then spent about $2000 on graphics cards in 2009

and been running those full steam, I could have been sitting on a mess of bitcoins by now. Oh well, not like this is the first time I missed out on something. I'm sure it won't be the last. Maybe I'll get lucky and the missing out I'll be doing will be the "losing all my money speculating on a virtual currency".