sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mountain Goat

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a Goat, Ram and Sheep on the extras DVD.

The Goat though will need some work on it I think before its ready to meet its public!

ExtrasDVD > ExtrasData > Models > Animals > Mammals

Mark

Thank you. Off to look now, only has to be cartoon like...

regards

simon

With thanks to Mark for pointing me in the right direction, I found the goat model on the extras DVD.

However, when I open it and do a quick render I get this,

The colour seems to have glow turned on, even though it is not in the PWS?

The material values are 'not set' and non of the decals are stamped.

Is this a common problem and, does anyone know a way around it ?

regards

simon

Goat.png

I dont' see any glow there. Do you mean the flat toon shading?

Robert

Thank you for your reply.

I think I probably do, not sure. The colour seems very bright on the monitor and no modulation... ?

regards

simon

I believe your monitor is not calibrated correctly. I don't see a glow either. Despite that, perhaps the body color group (not the goat group) might have some ambiance value set?

When get the goat model off the extras dvd I have, my goat doesn't have any colors set, nor toon lines. Did you add that?

And yes the decals are there, except they are not mapped to any patches (no stamps). You would have to restamp them

Is there a previous version of that goat somewhere that has the stamps? It doesn't make sense to have decals not stamped.

The file was last modified by Steve Sappington and was modified (last?) in version 13.08

And yes the model itself has an ambiance value of 20% (typical for older models)

I have run into this before where old versions loose stamping, decal data sometimes. Could be someone moved the file to new location (rather than save it from A:M) perhaps?

I believe your monitor is not calibrated correctly. I don't see a glow either. Despite that, perhaps the body color group (not the goat group) might have some ambiance value set?

When get the goat model off the extras dvd I have, my goat doesn't have any colors set, nor toon lines. Did you add that?

And yes the decals are there, except they are not mapped to any patches (no stamps). You would have to restamp them

Nancy

Thank you for your help.

There were a few curiosities with loading the file off the Extra's DVD. I accessed it via the import option and it prompted location of the maps in the folder, as normal, but it kept prompting and, after doing it three times for every map and it still kept prompting, I gave up and copied it to the HD directly. It still prompted twice for each file when loading from the HD. Normally you only have to specify one location and it picks up from there ? When the model loaded there were no groups listed and, as you say, the decals were there but no stamps.

Following your suggestion, I looked into the model properties and an ambience value of 20% was set, along with a few others. Setting those to zero, or 'not set' fixed the problem I thought was there.

Thank you.

regards

simon

There were a few curiosities with loading the file off the Extra's DVD. I accessed it via the import option and it prompted location of the maps in the folder, as normal, but it kept prompting and, after doing it three times for every map and it still kept prompting, I gave up and copied it to the HD directly. It still prompted twice for each file when loading from the HD. Normally you only have to specify one location and it picks up from there ? When the model loaded there were no groups listed and, as you say, the decals were there but no stamps.

That is curious.

At no time was I ever prompted to find the decal images and I tried 2 ways on 17g and 13s (and both were done after A:M first comes up, ie, no project had been loaded before):

1) drag and drop goat.mdl to PWS direct from the dvd and

2) import and navigate to goat model on my harddrive (after I had dragged the entire goat folder from the dvd to my harddrive).

Not that it made any difference in the lack of stamps. I think that's just not gonna happen without restamping. But looks like the style you're after, doesn't require decals.

Do macs have a different hierarchal folder way of finding things than on windows PC's?

That is curious.

At no time was I ever prompted to find the decal images and I tried 2 ways on 17g and 13s (and both were done after A:M first comes up, ie, no project had been loaded before):

1) drag and drop goat.mdl to PWS direct from the dvd and

2) import and navigate to goat model on my harddrive (after I had dragged the entire goat folder from the dvd to my harddrive).

Not that it made any difference in the lack of stamps. I think that's just not gonna happen without restamping. But looks like the style you're after, doesn't require decals.

Do macs have a different hierarchal folder way of finding things than on windows PC's?

Nancy

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sufficiently techie enough to answer the file question I'm afraid, but it happened both times, from the DVD and the HD although it did accept it from the HD after a short while.

I'm using the chance to learn 3D paint so the lack of stamps has its benefits !

regards

simon